Hey! I don't do this often...but probably should! 'Round here, we got ourselves a SHOPPER. Lo Gung can sniff out a deal better than anyone else I've ever met. And it's starting to rub off.
So, when we find a great deal...I'll do my best to let y'all know. What do you think?
*crickets chirping*
Hrm. Well, maybe there are some shoppers out there. Let me know in the comments what kinds of deals you'd like me to watch out for.
First off, squash is in season! At our Stop n' Shop, there is not a single variety of squash that is over $.99 a pound. Last night, we had *Spaghetti Squash with Asiago Sausage in red sauce. Mmm...we fed our family of 2.75 dinner (plus lunch for Lo Gung for the next day) for about $7. Not bad!
*To prepare spaghetti squash, just cut the sucker in half length wise, place it cut-side down on a foil lined cookie sheet, poke a few holes in the skin, and roast at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender. If you don't over cook it, when you scrape a fork through the cooked flesh, it will string out and look just like spaghetti. Then, just toss it with some spaghetti sauce or a little butter and cinnamon n' sugar. Even my Sworn Squash Hater, BBJ, gobbled it up when we told her it was "noodles" and "hot dogs." (Yes, we're Master Spin Doctors. Heh.) And don't even get me STARTED on how much SJ ate. Let's just say, it put last week's "Pasta Loompa" post to shame.
Second, there's a great deal at Babies R' Us/Toys R'Us - if you buy $30 of participating Proctor Gamble products in one go, you get an automatic $10 gift card at the check out. (Includes Tide, Dreft, Always, Bounty, Charmin and Duracell products.) Plus, there's a mail in offer to get a free pink cookware set from Good Cook when you purchase $30 of the above participating products. Oh, and if you get the Toys R' Us mailers, there's a $3 off coupon for Tide on the back.
So, to sum up - Go to Babies R' Us. Pick up 2 bottles of Tide to get you over the $30 mark. Hand them your $3 off coupon. Remind them of the gift card offer, but it should come up automatically in the computer. Go home with your $10 gift card and two bottles of Tide. Then, print out the mail in form, circle your Tide/Draft/Always/Bounty/Charmin and/or Duracell products, and mail it in to get your free pink cookware set (including a 10" covered saute pan, a spatula, measuring cups and a timer.)
The Toys r' Us offer is good through 10/14.
(Oh, and one more thing - if you're local, Christmas Tree Shop has Martha Stewart brand craft punches in stock for $3.99 right now, regularly $9.99. Sa-weet!)
GENIUS!
ReplyDeleteOh and FIRST!!!
ReplyDelete(I think that's what I'm supposed to do...)
I love me a good deal!
ReplyDeleteToo bad I can't get the same deal here, but I'll live vicariously through your reports