Friday, November 20, 2009

An Early Christmas Present and DEAL ALERT

Because today is Friday. Because Lo Gung is taking next week off work. Because it's almost my birthday. Because I'm SO STINKIN' PROUD OF MYSELF FOR FIGURING OUT HOW TO MAKE ONE....

I've got an early Christmas present for y'all. (If you read my craft blog, you already know about this, so just ACT surprised, m'kay? Thanks.)

This week, I successfully followed a tutorial and made my own button (for my etsy shop). Now, making a button...that's the easy part. The part that tripped me up was making it "grabbable." You know how sometimes on a blog, you'll see a little "advertisement" for that blog on the sidebar (a "button") and there will be some gibberish/HTML code below it so you can quickly and easily take the button for your very own?

Yeah - I made one!

(Go here if you want to see it. Look on the sidebar.)

So, as a gift for you guys, I'm going to make up "grabbable" buttons for the first 10 people to ask for them.

Happy Friday, and ALOHA!

(If you want to try it for yourself, I got my tutorial here.)

PS - Costco has a coupon right now for $5 off your first 25 holiday photo cards. Sa-weet! Guess who's ordering their Christmas cards today?

6 comments:

  1. I have a button but because yours is so cute I will be grabbing yours. Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your button!!! I'm gonna grab it and put it on my blog.Wish I had something worth grabbing because I would have you make one for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of them... especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me! I have no ideas but think the buttons are just too darned cute. As soon as I have a moment to breath I will grab one (or all!) of yours.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! Esp the ones with BBJ.
    I'm gearing up to revamp my site... time for a change. So I might just grab hold of one of those buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! Figuring out cool new blogging tricks and design feels SO empowering, right? I love it! If you want the code and tips on creating your own backgrounds or headers or whatever, I can help you with that too :) Pretty much the same thing on a larger scale. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!