The stockings have been hung by the chimney with care. The oatmeal has been spread on the front lawn, mixed with sugar, of course, to make it sparkle! Reindeer love sparkly things. The children are snuggled up in their beds, most likely dreaming of what they asked Santa Claus for.
This season has been so busy, and so fun for us. The kids got to go sledding this morning, in the most beautiful, powdery snow. I've taught BBJ how to catch "snow fairies" - snowflakes that are so large she can easily catch them on her sleeve and see the intricate and beautiful individual flakes. The snow glitters in the sun, like mounds of confetti.
The evening was spent with family, eating chili dogs. (Do you know how many hot dogs my kids can eat? Apparently, BBJ can put away three and Siu Jeun can put away two and a half. Who knew?!)
We wrapped up the day with a bath, a quick check of where Santa was at (http://www.noradsanta.org/) and a glass of milk with the cookies we'd put out earlier for Santa.
Now the kids are snuggled up, and I'm wishing you all a very merry Christmas!
Oh my goodness...oatmeal on the front lawn!!! How is it that I've never known anyone who did that. Am starring this post in my google reader so that I'll not forget for next year.
ReplyDeleteDid BBJ think the reindeer food was pretty neat? Ernie did :) Luckily, she hasn't gone outside to see if the reindeer were hungry!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we were tracking Santa, too. :)
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't already discovered this, do check it out:
http://portablenorthpole.tv/home
I did two personal video messages from Santa via that link and both J & Z were so impressed to get a personal message from the man himself! J was nodding along and answering Santa and Z was just wide-eyed with awe and was nodding away at everything he said! :)
Have a wonderful new year!!
Just wanted to stop in and say hello, to wish you and yours a Happy New Year and just reconnect after the holidays!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I haven't forgotten my blog button .... never fear I *will* get to it! :)
Cheers, Kiy
Happy New Year! Hope you had a great family trip home.
ReplyDeleteWe put reindeer treats out, too. AB has made them in pre-school and in kindergarten. Last year we took pictures of the hoof prints that were by the food! Very cool, indeed. : )
Stay warm!