Friday, January 22, 2010

Holy Toledo, Batman!


It's not often that I can remember my conversations with BBJ well enough to share them here....but this one was a doozy.

(As I stood in the shower, behind a locked door)

Me: (showering)
BBJ: Why is the door locked?
Me: Because I locked it.
BBJ: Why?
Me: To keep you out.
BBJ: Why?
Me: Because I wanted to.
BBJ: Why?
Me: Because I'm the mommy.
BBJ: Why?
Me: Because you're my daughter
BBJ: Why?
Me: Because I gave birth to you.
BBJ: Why?
Me: Because you were inside of me.
BBJ: WHAT?!

Does this count as our first "Birds and the Bees" chat? Because that was totally easy - I could do that all day!

11 comments:

  1. LOL! I sometimes give out silly answers just to see if I'd shake them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to find some pregnant women, quick, to explain that. Otherwise she might think she grew out of your head or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and and and....oh, this conversation could go on forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny. At least it was an incredulous "What!?", as opposed to, a mum-you're-so-silly "What..." that my older daughter gives me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that! So, did you explain any further?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah a shower without an audience? I can only dream of such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. something tells me she'll bring this up again soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwww! i miss reading blogs, especially yours. Ican't figure out how to both fb and blog. :P oh well. As always, i love all your posts. You are so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was totally not where I saw that going. :) But props to you for locking the door while you shower--take that privacy where you can get it, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!! And I think that totally counts :) Such a cute picture too! I can't believe how grown up she looks.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!