A stay-at-home Mormon Mom, raising a small Eurasian family, crafting and sewing when the mood strikes her, and loving every minute of it!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
When it rains...
....it pours. (Count 'em ladies - 8 separate containers That means 8 separate drips to catch. Oh, plus the one from the light fixture that had already stopped dripping. 1 light fixture, two skylights and seven from the windows.)
People tell me I should be used to the rain - I'm from Seattle!
Don't people in the Northeast understand that Seattle rain is constant...and barely noticable? Rain here walks up, slaps you across the face, then kicks you in the gut just to make sure you know where you stand.
As a friend of mine put it, "Rain, rain...you don't have to go away, just get out of my basement!! Now, where's my shop-vac...."
Well put, dear lady.
PS - Has anyone else tried ShamWows? I SERIOUSLY cannot run my house without them now. ADORE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


At first I thought this was about your kids leaving cups all over the house, and I thought you were very brave to let them use cups with no lids!
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried ShamWows...I have been waiting for a real person and not an infomercial to tell me that they are great! And now I know...will have to buy some! :)
I hope the rain stops soon!
Okay, now you had me googling ShamWow, watching the infomercial, and wanting the product!! Except they only ship to US/Canada! :(
ReplyDelete:o( Sorry.
ReplyDeleteuh oh........ :(
ReplyDeleteYou seem to be taking this really calmly. I think I may panic a little if water starts entering the house through crevices it's not supposed to.
:/ That's no fun. I think living in Seattle makes a person used to *gray* more than used to rain.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd be in full all out call the roofers and window people NOW mode!
ReplyDeleteand Sham Wow...guess I'll have to try them.
Yuck!! And thanks for the tip on the sham wows... :) Good luck with all that...
ReplyDelete