A stay-at-home Mormon Mom, raising a small Eurasian family, crafting and sewing when the mood strikes her, and loving every minute of it!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
A Confession
Lean in. Are you ready?
I cannot finish an outfit.
Accessorizing, layering....can't do it. I can barely get myself dressed in the morning. Every Sunday, I make Lo Gung "check" me before I go to church, to make sure I'm not embarassing myself. (Even still, I haven't managed to wear a dress that actually FIT in weeks. ) Lo Gung picked out that adorable sweater dress for BBJ for Christmas. I let her wear it, for the first time, to school....on a cold January day. Can't exactly go bare-legged, can you? No, of course not!
School tends to be a bit...rough and tumble for the likes of tights...so I picked out a pair of pants with purple spots. Why? Well, do you see that little purple logo on her chest? Yeah - I figured that would save me.
And it might have flown...if she hadn't decided to wear the Hello Kitty boots.
Help. Is there a remedial course somewhere in Dressing Children?
(In my defense...I'm always rather charmed when she chooses flambuoyant outfits for the day. Piggy PJs and a Pink Tutu? BRING IT ON. Hello Kitty Boots with a Party Dress? OH YEAH, BABY. Shorts as a shirt? LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY.) (Please, if you want a laugh, click on that last link. It'll do you good and fix what ails you. Trust me.)
Labels:
My Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, the pants and the boots kinda match... kinda. Both have polka dots. The end.
ReplyDeleteThere are some things about our kids that we can (and should) control. Other times, I think it's healthy for parents to let go. Within reason, anyways.
ReplyDeleteIt always pleases me to no end to see kids in mismatched clothes, because you know that the child was probably given free reign at choosing what to wear. So many things are out of kids' control, so if something as innocuous as choosing their own clothes to wear seem to give them some sense of self, so be it.
heh.. "serious thoughts from su"
I think Su would LOVE to see what Ernie wears every day :)
ReplyDeleteLove that sweater dress! A sweater dress is one of my "wants" right now :)
That is the best way to dress children. There are way too many fights to have in life to let clothing be one of them!
ReplyDeleteshhh....I'll have to give you my tips on dressing Katie in exchange for the soap/makeup tips. ;) But I fear you won't get much help from me as I tend to just buy complete outfits as they are hanging in a store. LOL Then when all else fails...white tights or black tights. Shoes? I don't care. Hair bows? Like Katie will actually wear them.
ReplyDeletebut this? I love it...just tell everyone she picked it out. It's what they believe anyway. :) She's just too adorable for anyone to care.
I like it, all it's missing is a pink bow to tie in the boots :)
ReplyDeleteIn the area of dressing our children... I learned to let go and let girl. Heh.
ReplyDeleteWe let meg dress herself all the time. I love seeing little kids dressed like that because i love that they are exercising choices, and learning too. Pretty soon, more of her choices will make sense. No worries, you're doing great!
ReplyDelete