I'm trying to think of a tasteful way to do this...so bear with me. It has come to my attention that the name I have been using for my daughter is not an *ahem* appropriate name. (Thank you, anonymous YouTube commenter. Really. THANK YOU.)
Her name, of course, is BBJ. It's actually Bubba Jyu. It's what we've called her for at least three years. It's derived from two things. First off, it's rather common in Hong Kong to call small children JyuJyu. It means pig, as in Hello, piglet! The Bubba comes from my sweet niece, Ernie. When I was pregnant, she was just about 18 months old, and lived across the street from me. I informed her that there was a baby in my tummy. She then informed me that my tummy contained a bubba.
And...Bubba Jyu was named!
Since adding Siu Jeun to our mix, I've had over a year to consider several things about the blog. First, the discrepancy between the names I use for my kids (one, a Chinese name, and the other...an acronym that always makes me think about peanut butter sandwiches. PBJ? Get it?)
I've decided to give my daughter a new name here. So, from here on out, my daughter will go by her Chinese name here. Everybody, meet Ming Wai.
Be sure to leave a comment and make her feel welcome!
Also, the blog name - Bubba Bubbles. It is a play off of the stage my daughter was in when I started this blog, namely...the bubble blowing stage. She was a raspberry-blowing fiend. Aaaand...there's nothing in the title that includes Siu Jeun. How is that fair?!
I've thought and thunk and thinked...and I'm drawing a blank. LoLo Land? House of LoLo? Attack of the Drooling LoLos? Lo De Do?
Obviously, I'm not sure what I'd like to do with the blog name, but I'm open to suggestions!
Here's where you help me out. Leave a comment with your suggests for a new blog title, and I'll do a round-up in a few days and we'll take a vote. *grin* If I end up going with your title, you'll get a special treat! (That's the giveaway part.) Go forth, and...do my work for me. It's the right thing to do.
First off, anonymous comments? Pfffft. And I learned that the hard way. Now, if someone like, oh ... ME had said that, now that throws some weight on the subject (hahaha - just kidding on the me, I meant to say TM!).
ReplyDeleteBut, I like Ming Wai very much so go with whatever YOU want to do. Your blog after all. But, she will always be BBJ to me. <3
The blog name, well, it represented a time in your life. SJ will get to that time and then, it will represent his time. But whenever you see the name of your blog ... doesn't it take you back to a sweet memory? I think that's important. Not, however, that you asked my opinion on the why's of names. You asked for suggestions for renaming your blog. But then, I've never been one to follow the rules.
Aunt LoLo Speaks
Aunt LoLo and the Munchkins
Naw, nothing I can think of has the same ring. Good luck on that one!
(Didn't you wish I had just lurked, like I usually do? :) )
Cheers,
Kiy
P.S. Oh, and until recently, I didn't realize that Siu Jeun wasn't his real name! There again, you guys might have named him something else, but he will always be sweet Siu Jeun to me (not that I can pronounce it!). I <3 those cheeks!
LoLoPalooza?
ReplyDeleteLife with the LoLos?
:} Well, hmmm.... that's about all I came up with. Although LoLo Land has a good ring to it.
Good Luck! and Ming Wai's a lovely name.
How about "Highs and Los with LoLo"
ReplyDeleteor you could do "on the LoLo"
Whatever you choose will be great.
House of the Drooling LoLos. Definitely that one. Plus if you keep the blog long enough, it will be true again :)
ReplyDeleteThe LoLo Life
ReplyDeleteLife as LoLo
Oh, LoLo!
LoLo's Brood *grin*
oh! another one.
ReplyDeleteHow LoLo can you go?
I'm seeing an annual limbo competition.
I have been having the same thoughts about my blog name... Vi is so not included and Jeff won't just let me add an "s" to Booger... I like LoLo Land... but I like the suggestion of LoLopalooza... I am a proponent for keeping it the same... but Jeff would not be happy with that opinion. Good luck, some help I am aye?
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna be up a creek this time next year. Not sure what I'm gonna do about THAT, not unless I can just add an S onto that blog name. But... I have no control over that one.
ReplyDeleteAs to the name... I am loving Su's suggestion of "LoLopalooza" and also Crafty Maine Mom's "Highs and Los With LoLo." And if you humiliated yourself often enough on this blog (ya know, like I do on mine), Jayson's "How LoLo Can You Go?" would be quite apt.
Other play on words -
Aim LoLo
LoLo I.Q.
Swing LoLo (think of the Google searches - heh)
Sweet N LoLo
Hey, I didn't say they'd be any good.
Obviously, "Debbie's Friend" should be the new name! I can't believe no one else thought of that.
ReplyDeleteIt will take me a wee bit of time to adjust to her new name. You know change is always hard for me.
But for a real blog name, I say "Lo-quacious"- (talking or tending to talk much or freely; talkative; chattering; babbling). Or maybe not. Heck, naming the blog is the hardest part of this job:)
I like Ming Wai! HI!!!! However, she'll probably ALWAYS be called BBJ by me, like I will probably always call you Aunt Lolo.
ReplyDeleteI am really NO help with naming. Not a bit. What about going away from Lolo period.
Hmmm...
Life according to Aunt Lolo
yeah...not getting any ideas what so ever.
LoLos and Cheerios
ReplyDeleteThe Highs and LoLos of Life
How Lo Can Ya Go?
LoLove
OK, I have NO good ideas. But I admire your willingness to progress and allow your blog to grow and change along with your family. I'm sure you will come up with a great name!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great names!! I'm stumped, but if i think of something stellar, i'll let you know!
ReplyDelete