Thursday, March 4, 2010

How to: Get Stuff Done

One lovely winter evening, we invited some friends over for dessert. Nothing too fancy. *snort*

Alright - Lo Gung requested, and received cream puffs. (By the way, I think I still owe some of you the recipe. Working on it!)

After we'd had our fill, Heidi pulled out a bag full of a QIP (Quilt in Progress) and asked for my help in pinning it to its batting and backing.

No problem! But first...what to do with all the chil'ens? I mean, it's kind of difficult to pin together an enormous quilt...if kidlets are constantly running over it with tricycles, right?

First, the big kids:

Rock Band took care of them! (Yes, Lo Gung, daddies are included in the Big Kid crowd.) Oh, and check out this kid's chops! B Boy was GROOVING.
BBJ wasn't doing too badly, either! (I think...yes, I'm nearly positive - she's playing the drums with an enormous bubble wand. Hrm...a lot safer than handing her drumsticks!)
Now, for the littlest one...turning him loose in the same room as that many buttons is probably hazardous for everyone's health. What to do....I know! How about turning him loose with some chocolate pudding while firmly locked into a high chair?


Why do genius solutions....always seem to create more problems! At least we got the quilt pinned together. Oh, and he got to practice his Spoon Skills. He's getting pretty good...I think half of that pudding actually made it into his mouth!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant :) (Chocolate and a high chair cake got us through Ernie's hair cut.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never go wrong with rock band. I can't believe how big you're kids have gotten.
    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought this was your attempt to copy Myrnie's painting post a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like rockband, but I really haven't had time to play that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while since I've hung around kiddos that age (err SJ, I mean).... that's quite a good job with the mess :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a seriously impressive mess. Excellent, excellent work SJ.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!