Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snow Day Fun with Playdough!

When we had a snow day last week, I got a little creative with entertaining the hordes...

Playdough! I made that little rose bud above, and after its "close up", Lo Gung tried to present it to his son.

Hrm. He apparently doesn't "do" flowers. 

Hrm....maybe he'll like one of BBJ's...things. ??


(We got snow, AGAIN, this morning. To my peeps in the Pacific NW, with your blooming cherry trees...please stop gloating. To my peeps in Utah, moaning about your lack of snow...I currently can find no sympathy for you in my heart, but when your lawns are brown, wan and lifeless three weeks earlier than usual this year, then I might be able to spare a tear for you. Or I might gloat. Because it's so humid here...nobody ever waters their lawns! They don't seem to need to...
To everybody here in New England...hang in there. We WILL survive. Besides, Spring here is so lovely...and the birds have returned! It's got to be soon....right?)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. (Sorry, I have to...) I could care less about the cherry trees(pink trees aren't my thing). The daffodils are splendid though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may have flowers, but we also have major hayfever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't say anything nice, so I'll say nothing at all. Except that the daphne odora smells amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm now in Idaho...I will not complain because if I do....I will just get another foot of snow. I will be happy it rained today instead of snowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do wish we had gotten a little bit of snow...darn! My allergies are horrible, but I got a new prescription yesterday and I am a new woman today! Yeah for drugs!

    When you move back I'd like you to give my Sydney voice lessons please...

    I follow a blog called sisterscafe.blogspot.com, if that isn't it, it is on my blog... this new couple with a young son moved into our ward a couple of weeks ago and she was so familiar, but I couldn't place her. The second week I thought man, she looks a lot like that girl on the blog with her sisters... Last night I decided it was her and went over to her house to confirm today! We had already taken cookies by on Monday and she commented on how good they were and I told her I was glad they had turned out now knowing she can cook! Too funny. She is Brittany, if you're wondering. Small world!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!