Wednesday, April 21, 2010

American Idol, Week 9: Idol Gives Back! (and results)

*Spoiler Alert - This contains all the results of this week's Idol show. Be warned.*
We open with...President and First Lady Obama. (Michelle would like Simon to be nice.)

We've got crowds in two different theaters.

We've got...our top 12 singing a song. All in white. Awwww.  (And Didi Benami looks like a goddess. I'm just sayin'. Lookin' good, girl!)

Jennifer Garner is taking us "home", to Appalachia. Did you know that in areas of poverty, like this one, there is one book for every 300 kids? (Is that right?!)

Posh Spice visited Kentucky with her son to help hand out 6,000 books to 1,000 kids.

We have two kids from a program to similar to "Save the Children" who are success stories.

*You can give at www.Idol.com.*


Aaaand...cut to the contestants.


Back to Pasadena, where Queen Latifah is hosting our "sister" audience...and introducing The Black Eyed Peas, singing Rock that body.

Speaking of rocking that body, Fergie is rocking some mid-thigh boots. And they look like they're trying to eat her. And there are some robot girls in body suits that are giving me major flashbacks to my Dr. Who phase a few years ago...at which time, I would have assumed that some robots were about to go rogue and try to take over the world.

*ahem*

Guest announcer, George Lopez.
All idols, stand up. Y'all are great. So, sit down.

Let's judge the judges!

Dim the lights.

Randy, every night, you say PITCHY.
Kara, CONCENTRATE, formulate your own thoughts!
Randy, you're the only BROTHER on the show, so Randy Jackson...you are safe.

Kara, every night, you say "I wanted you to make it your own. I wrote that song. I wanted more." You came on my show. You are safe!

Ellen D, what's up! Ellen, every night, you say "I loved that." You are safe.

Simon, every night, you say "rubbish. that was garbage." Every once in a while, wear a bigger shirt. For now, you're safe.

(That was weird, and vaguely uncomfortable.)

Cool Ford commercial.

Let's get some results!
Crystal and Casey, join me at the center of the stage.

Casey, you are in the bottom three.
Crystal, you are safe.

Aaron and Lee, come on over.

Lee, you are safe.
Aaron, you are in the bottom three.

Back to Queen Latifah!

Jeff Beck, and Joss Stone, I Put a Spell on You, backed by the Jubilation Choir. (Hehe...it was such a unique take, I felt like I was watching a KILLER contestant.)

*Idol Gives Back is helping to ease the mother mortality rate in Africa*

Let's see how Save the Children is helping kids in Mound Bayou, Mississippi. It is bringing kids up to grade reading level.

*Idol Gives Back supports literacy efforts across the US.*


Alicia Keys is singing for us. (Girl's hair looks amazing. The outfit...is confusing. She's gorgeous, but she's wearing a satin pant-suit that is skintight through the legs...and then suddenly loosens up just above the rear. It's not doing anything for her.) Oooh, her second song (New York) is gorgeous!

Back to Queen Latifah...and Carrie Underwood. (Man, that girl is GOOD.)

*Carrie Underwood is donating $.36 from each ticket sale for her fall tour.*


*a $10 donation can buy 90 pounds of food. That's a lot of food.*


Aaaaand....here's Wanda Sykes! (Man, she's funny!)


More results.

Siobhan, Mike and Tim head on over to the center of the stage.

Siobhan, you are safe.
Mike, you are safe.
Tim, you are in the bottom three.

Now, we get to hear Stairway to Heaven...sung by Mary J. Blige. And Randy Jackson on bass!

(aaaaand....cut to black. Ouch. The show apparently went 20 minutes longer than the allotted two hours, which means my DVR cut off exactly 20 minutes. So...a quick Google search shows that I missed Sir Elton John's performance, and the saving of Aaron Kelly. Our bottom two were Casey James and Tim Urban...with Tim Urban being the unlucky soul to go home tonight. Sad, Tim. I really thought you were improving!)

2 comments:

  1. I just remembered that THIS is when I would start heading over to your house late at night to watch Idol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Wanda Sykes! Wish I had seen her.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!