Tuesday, April 13, 2010

China Talk: Pearl River

This is a plug for...a store I've never seen.

Pearl River.

BUT! What a store! Their brick n' mortar location is in SoHo (in New York City), but they have an online store as well. Shipping is really reasonable (starting at $8 for any purchase less than $20.)

I would be lying if I said I wasn't drooling over some things in the shop.
Check out this bowl!

($5.25)

We already have a bowl like this...but I'd like to get some rice bowls to match it.


($2.95)
Matching bowls!

(Only $1.50, available in flower or dragon designs)
Here are some fabulous melamine dishes...wouldn't these be great for kids to use?!

There are also other things...like this candy!

And these little figurines!

($12.50)

The prices are really, really reasonable...and everything is just super cute! My favorites, of course, are the dishes.....I love the melamine ones!  (There might be a field trip to SoHo in our future before we move West in a few weeks!! hehe)

(Note to any local friends - we're planning on one more Saturday trip out to Chinatown in NYC before we leave in June. If you'd like to tag along and see Chinatown, drop me a line! We mostly just go to eat, and have our favorite streets and shops to visit, so be sure to come hungry! Mmmm.)

(All images from the PearlRiver.com website)

4 comments:

  1. I love this store, especially the basement section with all its odd and sundry knickknacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that blue dragon china! A whole set! It was my best friend in high school family's every day set of dishes, but I was in love with it. So I asked my parents to buy it for us as a wedding gift. Almost *ahem* 20 years ago. We have large and medium plates, serving bowls and one with a lid, a platter, sauce bowls, spoons and chopstick rests. :) Totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my in-laws have some of those melamine red dishes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaaaaaay! I got those dragon bowls for my wedding and a few have broken. :( now i know where i can get them!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!