Whew. Y’all, it’s Friday. Friday, May 28. That means that tomorrow is Saturday….and then Sunday. That, of course is followed by Monday (Memorial Day!) and then Tuesday. Do you know what happens on Tuesday? Well, I’ll bet Ming Wai could tell you. THAT’S the day the MOVERS come and put all of our STUFF into BOXES. (We will need an embarrassing amount of boxes. And probably a ridiculously large truck. I swear, moving is worse than getting weighed at a doctor’s office! STUFF is way easier to get rid of than weight, and still….and still. There is much stuff.) Wednesday is Loading Day, and Thursday is Fly Away Day. We are so excited….so very excited. It will be bittersweet, to be sure, but the Pacific Northwest will ALWAYS be home to me. And so…New England? It’s been real.
In other news? CSN Stores contacted me a few weeks ago about doing a Review, and I’m kind of excited about it. Remember that part where I said I was moving back to the Pacific Northwest? Well, ‘round these parts (read: New England) when you say you’re moving to Seattle, you ALWAYS get the same reaction. “You know it RAINS there, right?” Yes, dear New Englander. Thank you for your concern. Unlike crazy people who think moisture is supposed to hang around in the air, turning the entire region into a sticky sauna, I believe that moisture out to do what it was meant to do – make clouds, and then fall. And warm rain? Is something that should stay at tropical beaches. So, yes, I’m looking forward to that rain, thankyewverymuch. It’s a great excuse to stay inside, read books, and bake cookies!
That said, while living here in New England, I have gained a new appreciation for rain boots. When it rains here, it really RAINS. You can wear shorts and flip flops…..and look like an idiot, or you can wear rain boots. (Apparently, I have been going the ‘idiot’ route the past two years.) Well, I shall be an idiot no more! For, along with everything from a sleeper sofa to awesome children’s toys, CSN Stores sells shoes, y’all. And shoes? Means rain boots. Oh yeah, baby. At really great prices, I might add. I shopped around, and haven’t found any rain boots for a lower price.
So. My To Do List looks kind of like this: Get ready for moving. Move. Get unpacked. Order sweet rain boots from CSN Stores. Wait for some rain to try them out (shouldn’t have to wait too long!). Come back and let y’all know if rain boots work as well as all these crazy New Englanders think they do.
Wish me luck! If I’m a little scarce this next week (or two!) you’ll know why.
*mwah* Aunt LoLo, over and out. (For now. ‘cause you know I can’t stay away long, and tend to ramble when I’m nervous. Heh.)
Good luck with the move. I hope the movers don't ruin anything. Ours broke one lamp and somehow our mattress got soaked with water while in the moving truck overnight. Nothing else got wet. The moving company bought us a nice air mattress that we slept on for a week until we could get a new real mattress. Fun stuff. We're looking forward to having you back in the great NW. And I'm looking forward to your rain boot review. I've been wanting some :-).
ReplyDeleteI didn't start wearing rain boots until I moved back here (from Utah) a couple years ago. What was I thinking when I was growing up in all this rain?! Rain boots are the best.
ReplyDeleteSo excited to have you over here in the Seattle-area. I just got my first pair of rain boots, and my first thought after using them was "Why didn't I do this ten years ago?" They are awesome. Good luck with the move!
ReplyDeleteWow! It is nigh! I just had no idea how night it was! :)
ReplyDeleteThinking good box thoughts for you--may it all be packed with a minimum of fuss, and all your travel be peaceful and uneventful. :)
OMG, OMG, OMG you're really doing it and the countdown begins. I'm sure moving will be a snap. Have a fantastic Memorial Day BBQ. We'll all miss you terribly. And thank you so much for my Chrysanthemum. I love it. Still deciding whether to turn it into a pin, hair clip or magnet.
ReplyDeleteHave a smooth move!
ReplyDeleteAnd the CSN folks? Are great. Have fun with your review.
Oh, and let's not forget to plan to meet up somehow when we're in your neck of the woods. I'll email you our dates. :)
Yay! For going home! We have a few years...or more still before we may move back, but you never know! Good luck with the move!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move, I don't know if we will ever make it back to Seattle, one can hope :)
ReplyDeleteI hope everything is going well. I can't get your blog to refresh so I also hope I haven't lost a domain change or anything while I've been on vacation!
ReplyDelete