How y'all doing? Hanging in there?
It's been....a while since I was able to stop in and say hello. I can now report that we have made it back to the Pacific Northwest! (Can I get a WOOT??!)
A few things to share.
1) Drivers on the East Coast are an Odd People. Their favorite trick is to wait until you're 20 feet from them, pull in front of you, and then proceed to travel 10 mph below the speed limit for at least a block.
2) Apparently I'm now an East Coast Driver. And Seattle Drivers don't appreciate this trick. They're also Latent Aggressive - they'll honk at you a full block later, AFTER you've turned off their road. Just to let you know they're Displeased. Or they were. And you should feel guilty.
3) We had a pouring rain storm here this morning- water bouncing a full 12" high after it hit the pavement. It was still nothing compared to an East Coast Rainstorm. When I lived in Connecticut, every! single! person! who learned I was moving to Seattle said, "You know it RAINS there, right?!" Yes, it rains here...but our definitions of "storm" are VEEEEERY different. We can live with the rain, because it's more like constant drizzles and showers. Not Torrential Buckets of Damp DOOM.
4) Our stuff? Isn't here yet. Apparently, our truck was deemed Not Full Enough (which, I suppose, should make me feel a little less House Heavy than I did before...) and another load of Stuff was added to our truck, from another client. So, our stuff should be here on Saturday....four days later than the original estimate.
5) And now, a few pictures. First, we've been to Costco. And Ranch 99 (an Asian Grocery Megastore). We're pretty much set.
Also? We've been hanging with Aunt Myrnie every! single! day! Ming Wai is kind of in heaven. She and cousin Ernie disappear for HOURS at a time, doing whatever it is little girls with big imaginations do. It's pretty rockin'. Yesterday, we had a few hours of really great weather, so we all hoofed it down to the private beach run by Myrnie's HOA. Awesome sauce!
And me? I'm just happy to be here. *grin*
The house is vacuumed, swept and mopped. The Non-Working Furnace is now a Working Furnace. Dining room furniture is ordered, and being shipped. Lo Gung's new desk is bought and all set up, as is a console to hold a stand-less TV that came with the house. The master closet has been California-ized (California Closets. Heh. Leeeetle joke) and the pantry is stocked. We're just waiting for our stuff to arrive, and then we are MOVING IN, baby. Oh YEAH, baby.

...and it was 68 degrees, and those girls were wading hip-deep into a freezing cold lake. Yowzers!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a fun week, hasn't it?
Welcome to the PNW! Looking forward to seeing you again since the last time we hung out was 17 years ago!
ReplyDeleteHooray and welcome! Glad you all have each other. :)
ReplyDeleteBummer about the wait for your stuff. Ugh. You sound very Zen about it. ;)
Woohoo! I love the drivers here...SO much more considerate than Utah drivers.
ReplyDeleteAre you sleeping on air mattresses then?
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, if I'm allowed to say that
ReplyDelete:( i want to be neighbors too. I would love to hang out with you every day! Glad you made it safe!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are enjoying being back.
ReplyDeleteWow! I knew you were moving, but somehow missed what a BIG move it was. I know it will be nice to get your furniture and be all settled in to your new place.
ReplyDelete