When I was little, we moved. A lot. Just about every two years, we’d find ourselves in a new city, or state. However, by my freshman year of high school, after three states and nine cities, we finally settled down. By that last move, I was in the eighth grade, and was deemed old enough pack up my own junk stuff. However, when we arrived in our new home, there were a few boxes that my father (wisely) convinced me not to unpack. So they sat, under the house, awaiting the day when I desperately “needed” my junk stuff back.
And now, 15 years later, that day has arrived! (Or so I assume. I found my box of junk stuff on my porch the other day, and was very happy to see it again!)
Here’s the box, freshly opened.
Would you like to know how I figured out that the box was packed up 15 years ago? It’s just a hunch….
Why hello, ma’am. You’re looking right sassy today.
And now, for the loot!!
Just feast your eyes on the treasure of my 13 year old self…
These are shots from when Aunt Myrnie and I were just wee babes. Can anyone guess who’s who?
And when exactly did Troll dolls go out of fashion? (Answer: Not soon enough!) (This troll bride has hopefully found herself a new home after I donated her to a youth “garage sale” fundraiser.)
I found this lady nestled inside the box. I had forgotten all about her! She is a Native American (Navajo?) dolly. I honestly can’t remember where she came from, but I believe I picked her out during a family vacation to the Grand Canyon region? She’s now a part of my (growing) “dolly” collection.
Come back later to see the rest of the goodies!
To be continued…..
Oh man. Auntie Ann picked up those dolls when she traveled through that region with Mom and Dad. I must have another box of dolls somewhere...
ReplyDeleteI have boxes just like this that my parents finally made me get out of their house!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I got stuck on the fact that in 1995 you were in 8th grade. Let's put this in perspective: I got married in 1993.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I'm old.
BTW, the Gund bear in the fourth picture ... you can't beg, borrow or steal anymore. I looked and looked and looked for that specific bear for Emi (before she was even Emi, lol) and couldn't find one. Not on eBay, not on CraigsList, not on ... anywhere! So, if you still have him, list him somewhere and make a mint! :) (Unless, of course, they've started producing him again. In that case, ignore the last paragraph!)
I have several boxes of "treasures" that I packed almost ten years ago. I should dig them out and take a look at what I thought of as treasures back then. :)
Cheers!