(This is a big pile of BIRTHDAY LOVE, for the “bestest dude I know.” Honey, you’re the bestest daddy, my bestest friend, and my favorite forever. Happy birthday, Lo Gung!!)
Me: Hey, honey! I have an idea!! If you are bored, you can organize the pantry!
Him: *grunt*
……30 minutes later…..
(Waiting to go back into the pantry)
(Waiting to go to the shelves in the garage)
Finished!
Cookbooks! (Just a few of my favorites…the rest are hidden away in another part of the house.)
Pasta! Chinese STUFF! (“Chinese STUFF” can encompass any manner of items, including (but not limited to): dried seaweed, dried seafood, dried flowers for tea, crackers, cookies or any manner of spices.)
Snacks!
And my personal favorites…Rice Bin! Flour Bin! (I actually did these the week before, and was VERY proud of myself.)
*sigh* Oh, how I love that man! Happy, happy birthday, sweetheart!
this is my favorite thing to do! did he at least enjoy it? =)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletep.s. happy bday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Lo Gung! (I organized my pantry on Sunday too :)
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday! (Now - not to put you to work or anything - but do you want to fly over here and organize my pantry? Because it could definitely use it.)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your Lo Gung.
ReplyDeleteHey, who knew that they actually listen, even when the reply is a grunt? Lol.
Happy Birthday to your hubby! I love your organized pantry!!!
ReplyDeleteOH I THINK I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! You just solved my "what do I do with the 25 pound bag of flour that I need to store but will NOT fit in my little bitty 4 pound holding canister" dilemma! Bins! I've never thought of bins.
ReplyDeleteand yes, we need them for flour, rice, and 10 pounds of sugar....now to figure out where to store them in my little kitchen (which is admittedly twice the size of my itty bitty kitchen but still isn't large enough)
oH...GREAT birthday present!!!
I was just wondering if any of your readers would actually say, "Happy birthday, Lo Gung!" not knowing exactly what the term means... and Myrnie, I know you are Aunt Lolo are twins and all, but...! =D LOL!! *just kidding, okay?*
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I would want my lo gung to organize my stuff, even though he'd probably organize it better (and quicker) than I ever can. I won't be able to find stuff, I know.