Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ming Wai!

012

Someone just turned 4. And she’s pretty excited about it.

003

(We’ve got a photobomb. BOOM.)

008

She got to sit in our new (to us) Princess Chair and open her pile of shiny gifts. (The chair was a garage sale find last weekend. $20, y’all. Just a few light scratches on the wooden legs. Be still my Cheapy Cheap-o heart! Cheap, AND Chinese print?! I may have done a back flip when I found it in someone’s driveway. Maybe.)

 016

She loves opening gifts. We thought we knew which would be her favorite – the new TinkerBell movie! When she opened it, Lo Gung asked, “Do you like it???” “No.” came her cool reply. “It’s scary.”

*blink blink*

Well, then. Alright.

However, she LOVED this book from Gu Jeh, her auntie. It’s kind of like Where’s Waldo, except for you’re looking for 8-12 items on each page that the page’s Princess has lost. When I tucked her in for the night, and shut the door to her room, I could still hear her. “Where’s the pumpkin….there it is! Where’s Fairy Godmother’s magic wand….there it is!”

After presents, it was time for cake. Lo Gung decided it was high time to introduce her to the wonders of the Ice Cream Cake. (However, this might be the last time she has a store bought ice cream cake from us. For what we paid for it, I could have made two or three of them at home!)

033

Girl, you haven’t aged a bit!

(No, really. Check it out.)

September 2009 338

This one is from her third birthday. A year ago. Is it just me, or is this like the Girl that Time Forgot?!

050

Happy birthday, Ming Wai!

(We spent the first half of the day “on vacation”, which I’ll tell you about later. Soon. Ming Wai’s birthday dinner was all her favorites – white rice with soy sauce, sliced cucumbers in sweet chili sauce, watermelon rind pickles, cheung fun (a sort of a Chinese noodle thing) and steamed broccoli with oyster sauce. Girl knows what she likes.)

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday big girl!

    And wow oh wow do the pictures show how very much your boys resemble each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where was *I* for this birthday feast?? Yummy :) Happy birthday, Ming Wai!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday little princess! And now worries, we aren't fan of scary movies in our house either. And by scary I mean Dora the Explorer. William is terrified of swiper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Ming Wai! She looks pleased as pie in those pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, she's forgotten to age the past couple of years! :) Happy Birthday Ming Wai!!!!! 4 is a GREAT age to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is SO adorable! :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i forgot about ice cream cake! lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i forgot about ice cream cake! lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Ming Wai!!!!! (a little late, I know... I just wanted it to last longer for you) And no, she hasn't aged a bit, except in attitude. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!