Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Hatchlings

You’re sitting at the beach, minding your own business, when suddenly, you hear it. The sound.

Ahhhhhhhh.

 

IMG_6148

You don’t know what triggered it. They heard a rustle and thought it was a food wrapper? They caught a whiff of someone making lunch behind the fence? One of them opened their mouth, and the other copied, and then they both realized Hey! This is exactly how I look when I’m hu….hey! I really AM hungry!

And then that’s it.

The birdies! They are hungry!

Quick as a wink, you pull out an orange and start peeling. Lucky for you, you have two hands. This is good, because there are two mouths hanging open, catching flies. And if either one of those mouths gets an orange before the other mouth…well, that Other Mouth will start squawking. And we really can’t have that. It’s Loud.

Like…Fire Engine Loud. Just trust me on this. 

So, like I said. An orange slice in each hand. Carefully, carefully, stick an orange in each gaping pie hold. You don’t want to miss now…toddlers don’t take kindly to oranges in their noses. Or eyes.

Not that I’d know from experience. *ahem*

IMG_6154 

(See how she carefully checks to make sure she’s not getting stiffed?)

Mmmm. Much better.

And how are our little squawkers now?

Content.

IMG_6158

Satisfied.  

IMG_6156

Ridiculously happy they aren’t squawking.

IMG_6157

No children were harmed in the making of this blog post. However, several small oranges did meet their demise. And very tasty they were.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my heck...too funny, I'd forgotten about these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you only have two hands... HOW did you take that picture of both those hands feeding an orange to the munchkins...

    You can take pictures with your MIND?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tongginator had that look when we first met her. The husband called it her baby bird mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! You didn't make them pose that way, did you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very funny.


    Heyyyy!! Yeah, Ted has a point.... How DID you take that picture?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!