Monday, September 6, 2010

LoLo Castle: Dining Room, Finished?

 

IMG_7001

(LoLo Dining room. See that runner? Originally $Lotso’Money. At an outlet store? $6. Man, do I love outlet malls!) (And is there some sort of therapy group for people who have to live without Williams-Sonoma outlets? Crate and Barrel outlets? *sniff* Yes, I’m spoiled. Why do you ask?!)

(In case you didn’t know, this is how we express our Hunter Tendencies. When something is marked more than $100 off, down to something in the single digits, it kind of makes us dance a little jig, right there next to the trifle bowls and embroidered pillows. It’s a gift.)

IMG_7003

(Those are the bamboo we found at IKEA shortly after we moved to our new place.)

IMG_7005

(Here is a view of the other side of the room – the Living Room. There’s a couch on its way…I’ll show it to you next week. I’m excited!)

We hung up our Four Seasons scrolls, one one each far corner of the joint room. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. I’ve decided to turn the front, “formal”, part of the house into our Asian Rooms. A Tibetan altar table, Chinese artwork, bamboo….see where this is going? A great big shiny baby grand, Grecian pillars and decidedly Rustic dining furniture round out the look. I’ve never been accused of having a great eye for details…or a particularly long attention span!

What do you think of the dining room? I thought it was done, but looking at the pictures…it looks so spare. Not very cozy. Thoughts? I can’t put too much out because Siu Jeun might throw something down from the second story and smash anything on my buffet. Same goes for the dining table. *sigh*

8 comments:

  1. I think the piano room is lovely, as is the dining room. The dining room does feel a leetle spare, but some thick curtains, and my cherry/bird scroll, would help fill it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Beautiful! So where did you find your dining room table? I've been looking for a rustic style table that is bigger than my current table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks another trip or two to said outlet malls are in order. ;p

    LOVE the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a really cool wooden bowl would look good on the buffet. You know, something that looks good but can also stand up to tennis balls being hurled at it. Just a thought. I'm not particularly good at decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! If it were me, i'd be itching to hang something above the buffet table. Like a big framed mirror, a cool piece of metal work, or even some black and white pictures of family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I think it would look even better with some artwork with warm colors hung above the altar table. And maybe a big wooden bowl placed on that table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house always makes me so jealous. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely space. I love that there are empty spots, but that's just me. No one ever asks me for decorating advice, so you probably shouldn't listen to me either :) Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!