Because, I present to you….LoLo haircuts!
We went to a local beauty school, at the recommendation of one of my high school buddies. What do you think?
(Apparently, I have High Hair Density. Roughly translated, that means I could take a pair of shears to my own head, and generally come out OK in the end. So, that’s exactly what I did a week later. Yea! It was a little too…’80’s Power Suit for my taste. But, sweet Gu Je up there always looks fabu. *grin*)
Another highlight of our LoLocation? Group Cousin Bathtime! Would you check these two out? Booky(pronounced BOO-key) was born in October. Siu Jeun, on the right, was born in December. We very carefully lined up their heads on the grout line, even though it doesn’t look like it in this picture. But can you see? Her hips are down to his knees!! That girl got ALL the height in the family, seriously.
Still coming up…our yummy, yummy trip to Richmond, BC. I love visiting that city. I think Gu Je, my Sister in Law, put it perfectly – it’s the only place, outside of Hong Kong, where you never have to wonder if the woman at the cash register or the man handing you tea and bread will understand Cantonese. It’s Richmond. They will.
PS - 中秋節快樂!!!! Today is Mid-Autumn Festival. The best way I can describe it is…..Chinese Thanksgiving? It’s a harvest festival, and one of the two BIGGEST festivals of the year. (The biggest being Chinese New Year.) The festival is celebrated by surrounding yourself with family, fruit and fire. (Children light electric lanterns and bigger kids are given permission to play with small red candles on the sidewalk. Lo Gung still remembers taking all his candles and melting them together on the sidewalk to make one SUPER candle. Heh. Boys, right?! We’ll be celebrating this morning with my nieces, a few Chinese books, some craft supplies to make our own lanterns, and moon cakes!)
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! :)
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add... you look good with short(er) hair! :)
ReplyDelete