Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blogger, Interrupted

(Written Wednesday morning, 1:30 am)

Ok, so I think I mentioned once (thrice) that I got a nasty computer bug last week? And had to wipe my computer clean and start over? And that it deleted all my in-process blog posts? Yeah.

So, I adore my Windows Live Writer. When I started setting up my "new" computer, I only wanted my Google Chrome and my Windows Live Writer. Nothing else.

Heh. Of course it wasn't that easy. This is MICROSOFT we're talking about!

Windows Live Writer 2011 is out. Woohoo! Click...waiting...oh, ok. So I need to install Service Pack 2 and another upgrade before I can get WLW2011. Sure. Looking for SP2...ok. It's in the automatic update installer. Install, restart. Look for new updates. Install, restart. Continue, ad nauseum, for two hours. Each new update built on the one before it...so I had to install nearly 60 updates! (In four shots.)

I now have Windows Live Writer successfully installed on my computer. I think. I can't actually find it. And it is now 1:30 in the morning. Oh, and my Windows Live account has been suspended, because of suspicious activity. (Durn stinkin' busy hackers...) I can UNblock my account by entering a secret code they will text to my phone.

I can't actually see how to give them my phone number, though, to send the text.

This is a battle for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear :( Hope you figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you and blamed your sister instead of your computer. *grin* Hi, twin! I hate that she lives so close to you now, since it really cuts down on her blogging. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!