Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Equal Opportunity

November 2010 013

Ming Wai has always been flexible. I think she inherited it from my mother…as that gene certainly seems to have skipped me! Anyhow, we walked into the kitchen to hear her giggling…and find her doing…whatever that is that she’s doing. In yoga, we’d call it a Forward Bend (with a little stability from a convenient cabinet). Either way, we were pretty impressed, and Lo Gung quickly grabbed the camera.

 

As we were trying to get a good picture of her new trick, I heard another giggle. This time, coming from behind me.

 

November 2010 015

And then we realized…the Bendy Gene might not be gender specific!

 

(The bending was all him… I was just holding him up, as his balance isn’t fantastic when his head is upside down…between his feet. Hehe)

 

(It’s Wednesday. Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving. If you want to find me, I’ll be in the kitchen. Before I go to bed tonight, there will be pounds of sweet potatoes, oodles of stuffing and dozens (and dozens and dozens) of rolls, all prepped and ready to be baked on Thursday. Here we go!)

3 comments:

  1. Owwwww.......where are their GUTS???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it does skip a generation! I used to be really REALLY flexible (7 years of ballet flexible), but my kids can barely touch their toes. Even the baby. Aren't babies supposed to be the most flexible of all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well mama, if you keep taking those yoga classes, you may be able to teach those bendy kids of yours a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!