We’re hosting this year. It’s our first time hosting the ENTIRE Pacific NW clan, and I’m excited…and scared. There will be 19 people, between the ages of 1 and…my Grandpa.
Step one – find out if we have places for everyone to sit. I stuck all the leaves into our dining table, pulled all the chairs from the kitchen and set them around the table.(Obviously, I didn’t finish putting them around the table before I took this picture.) Final verdict? I can comfortably stick twelve bodies around my dining table. That leaves the benches from the picnic table on the deck to cozy up around my kitchen table for the kidlets (and a few obligatory chaperones/parents). I’m just short two chairs, which will be provided by my lovely sister.
That done, I suppose I should figure out my cooking schedule…I am planning on getting everything prepped on Wednesday so Thursday can be as stress-free as possible!!
(Oh, and does anyone have any AMAZING stuffing recipes they want to share? I had a request tonight for cornbread stuffing. And…while it sounds amazing, I’ve never tried it so wouldn’t know a good recipe if it slapped me upside the head. Help?)
Chairs I can do! Mom requested that Christmas Eve be appetizers, so we don't have to mess around with seating....but I have visions of three tables pushed together, making one enormous white tablecloth, and a burlap table runner :D
ReplyDeleteDid you check out Pioneer Woman's cornbread dressing recipe? She won Throwdown with it, and it mixes cornbread, french bread and brioche... looks tasty to me.
ReplyDeletePioneer woman does a corn bread stuffing...
ReplyDeleteSomething tells me it's going to be awesome. :) You are a great cook and everyone is going to be thrilled! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
I want to go to your house for Thanksgiving! It sounds like you guys have a really great time. Are you going to throw in some Chinese dishes?
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous home you have! Hope you had a great thanksgiving
ReplyDelete