Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Little Sunday Story

I heard a story in church today that I really wanted to share. You can take from it what you will, but it made me laugh and hopefully, it will make you think. It’s about pride.

 

A ship is at sea, and realizes it is on a collision course with another vessel. The ship radios the vessel, and requests that they change course, 10 degrees South.

 

The vessel responds: No. You move 10 degrees North.

 

Angry, the ship responds. I am a Captain. Change your course, 10 degrees South.

 

The vessel responds. I am a Navy Seaman, First Class. Change your course 10 degrees North.

 

Furious and offended, the ship responds. I am a battleship. Change your course 10 degrees South!

 

The vessel responds. Change your course 10 degrees North. I am a lighthouse.

2 comments:

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!