Yes, y’all. Don’t worry. Christmas did, in fact, come to LoLo Castle. (And no, this post isn’t “late” or “overdue.” Why would you even suggest such a thing?!)
My children, blessedly, don’t understand that most children in the world 1) wake up early on Christmas and 2) tear downstairs to see what Santa has brought them. We woke up the same way we do every morning – Siu Jeun woke up, cried until I woke up, and then watched cartoons until Ming Wai woke up. At 8:30. (Yes, you may hate me if you like!) Then, it was time for breakfast. THEN I reminded the kids that they MIGHT have stockings in the front room, and there MIGHT be things in them from Santa and it MIGHT be time to look at the presents under the tree and see if any of them were…for them!
I was a good Mommy and got out the camera. However, because of the low light, I couldn’t zoom much…and Siu Jeun seems to have developed an innate ability to PHOTOBOMB. (If you’ve never heard of photo bombing, it’s something like this: You know that shot from that last party you went to…where you and your boss are posing for a nice picture, and some weird drunk pops up behind you, unbeknownst to you, and flashes the peace sign just as the camera clicks? My friend, you’ve been Photo Bombed.)
It started off innocently enough. Ming Wai was, of course, an angel. Waiting her turn, cooing over each gift. She was in her element. Siu Jeun….well, he quickly bored of “waiting his turn”. And, for that matter, he quickly tired of the idea of “mine” and “yours.” Anything still wrapped was considered fair game…it sped up the process considerably, as we all raced to open our presents before he could snatch them, unwrap them, and hide them before we even had time to blink. Since my Important Job was to capture each angelic coo and smile for posterity, Lo Gung’s job was…to sit on the floor and referee. Heh.
Oh look! A Ball! (He scored at least 9 balls on Christmas morning. He was in heaven.) (Notice Ming Wai? Looking on? Patient? Appreciative? That girl can turn on the charm when she wants to!)
Now it’s Ming Wai’s turn. Oh! Joy! Rapture! I got a…something! But, I would like to direct your attention to Siu Jeun. Is it just me, or is he…zooming off. To do some mischief? No? Maybe it’s just me then. Zoooom.
These next few shots are really just of Siu Jeun. I would like you to imagine what might be going through his head. When he opened up his package of four little trucks, he hopped up and down squeaking until I had prized them all loose of their plastic and wire bonds and presented them to him. He promptly clumped them all together, got down low behind them…and pushed the entire convoy across the carpet. Vroom. That’s pretty much what’s going through his head right now.
This picture was supposed to be of Ming Wai…but she got photo bombed. See those lips? Right now he’s thinking, Choo choo!!
(Oh, and Santa came through for the little ones. Ming Wai has been asking for a Pillow Pet for MONTHS. She saw a commercial, I think, back in the summer. And then they appeared in Fred Meyers – a huge CRATE of them at the end of each check out line. Each visit to Fred Meyers was a fresh reminder to ask! Santa! for! a! Pillow Pet! We went back to Freddies a few days after Christmas. Every single Pillow Pet display was, shockingly, gone. Moved. Stocked back on the shelves, where pillows OUGHT to be. Those dirty stinkin’ rascals…)
Finally it was time for Siu Jeun to open his gift from Santa. Can anyone guess what’s going through his head right now?
Anyone?
Pi’ow Peeeet!!!!!!!!!!
He learns quick, that one.
Fred Meyers is where Kaylin discovered Pillow Pets. Nearly everyone had one in their cart and there was a display at each checkout line. Darn Freddies. I was able to score mine for $12 (including tax and shipping) online, so I wasn't too upset that she had to have one only a few days before Christmas. Plus they're cute and soft. I think I might need one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fab Christmas! E is still longing for a Pillow Pet..she started longing for one on Christmas, once she saw Ming Wai's! It's now on her birthday wish list.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! What did mum get for Christmas? :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a super fun Christmas!
ReplyDeleteJ & Z both got Pillow Pets from one of our friends, too. J got a monkey and Z got a unicorn. :)