Wednesday, April 6, 2011

American Idol, Top 9–Rock and Roll!

Welcome to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week! I’m late to the evening, because frankly…mama needed a date tonight and the siren call of hot apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, shared with my hubbie, took precedence over the first few singers tonight. (Sorry, y’all. Just keeping it real!) (Oh, and that crisp? Pretty amazing, y’all.) Unfortunately, I missed Casey while I was seeing our babysitter Wonder out (thanks, Mom!), so I’m pretty bummed about that…but judging by the standing ovation he got as I walked back into the room, he did well.

1. (added at the end of the show) – Jacob Lusk- radiant in white
2. (added at the end of the show)Haley Reinhart – rocking out instead of countrifying, and no yodeling.
3. (added at the end of the show) Casey Abrams – I’m crying because I missed this one. Grooving out with a stand up base. *sob*
4. Lauren Alaina – She wants to show her personality and her confidence…but her face isn’t selling it. The rest of her body language, though, is loads better. She even got a little hip in there! The song, vocal wise, was pretty great. (A handful of off notes, but I can forgive her that. I just need the girl to get the acting into her face, and we will have a winner on our hands.

5. James Durbin – An interesting move, but every rocker has their ballad! Loved the high note at the end! And I, for one, was grateful for the lack of fire tonight.

(Little break to tuck the kidlets into bed!)
6. Scotty McCreery – Country boy threw down with an Elvis number, and had a lot of fun doing it. He’s an interesting one for me..because he’s not fitting the mold anymore. He came in and seemed super shy and just all around sweet and wholesome. He’s still sweet and wholesome..but he’s got a bit of ego poking out now. Call it confidence if you like, but it’s throwing me off. Is that an odd thing to say?

7. Pia Toscano – Well, a ballad this is not! Awesome, it was. I don’t know what else to say. There was a husky quality to her voice tonight that I’d never heard. She can do anything.

8. Stefano Langone – I’ve got to say, this…didn’t bug me. Well, the first few notes bugged me – they were HIGH, and (dare I say?) flat. However, the rest of the song was quite nice. And didn’t feel…staged to me.

9. Paul McDonald – In his rehearsal, he was entitled to sing this song like he was out of his blinkin’ mind. I don’t think there’s anyone else in this competition that could put an order like that to good use! (And, for the record, I’ve never EVER seen anyone happier to announce they shot a man in Reno, just to watch him diiiiiiieeee. heh) Man, I’ve lovin’ this. What a way to end the show! I wouldn’t have changed a single thing. Not one note.

PS – Did you know you can vote online, at www.AmericanIdol.com? You can, and that makes me pretty happy! Go and vote for your favorites, because it’s anybody’s game at this point. Everyone rocked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!