Monday, June 20, 2011

The kids have been schooled…

IMG_8918IMG_8920IMG_8931IMG_8940

Did you know that I teach piano lessons? Obviously, from the pictures above, I don’t teach very many piano lessons. (And from the last picture, I am apparently INSANE when I talk about it. *ahem* Moving on.)

 

I just have four students, two sets of siblings, and they are adorable. They have all started with me in the past year, and several of them had never played piano before that. It’s been amazing to watch them progress, and to see their confidence blossom.

I use this piano method, and I got my dress here, but it doesn’t seem to be available anymore. Oh, and when I say “I got my dress”, I really mean that I won it during a giveaway on this fun blog.  I also just found out today that very talented piano teachers in Utah charge exactly half of what I charge, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I haven’t changed my piano rates in ten years, so I thought I was on the low end of the spectrum for my area. Would anyone care to share what a 30 minute piano lesson will cost you in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

  1. I live in Maine and I send two children to piano lessons (1/2 hour each) and I pay $40

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Ottawa, I pay $15 for 1/2 hr lesson.
    P.S. - you look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina Wi has decided to take a break in teaching piano... would you be interested in taking Sydney as a student? She has had two years with Kristina. Possibly voice too?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!