Tootsies!
This look. It kills me. She does this all day long. This, "Mom? Ok, I'll do this for you because I love you, but REALIZE that I'm doing it just to make you happy, ok? Just because you're cute?"
I love it when she does things just because she thinks I'm cute.
This kind of made me giggle. (I can't help it. I'm mean.) I don't know if you can see it, but on the chalkboard it says that she hardly cries. And it's true. She only cries if a) she is hungry, b) something is hurting her, or c) she is ready for someone to put her down for a nap. And it's polite little cries, with breaks in between to give you a chance to get your act together and help her out. This cry you see her is just general annoyance that I propped her up on a futon and walked away. Poor wee lamb.
Ying Ying is actually 6 and a half weeks right now, but...well, I took these when she was 1 month, and it's taken me a while to get to the point where I have free time during the day to write about anything. The first few weeks after the baby was born, I was lucky if I remembered to eat! (If you know me, that is WEIRD. I swore I'd never be one of those ladies. Then I sat down at dinner and ate three times as much as my husband. When he gently asked me WHY I was suddenly eating as much as the rest of the family combined, I kind of cocked my head to the side and thought for a moment...and realized I hadn't eaten in nearly 8 hours. Derp. Bottoms up!) Ying Ying is an absolute joy. She is a generally calm, sweet baby, with the most mesmerizing gaze.
At one month, she was sleeping 4-5 hours in her first stretch at night (and 1-2 hours after that until morning). She was able to bat annoying things, like large towels hanging just above her forehead, away from her face. She weighed 11 pounds (she was 8 lbs 7 oz. when she was born). She is a little sensitive to dairy, and spicy foods, so I'm trying to be careful with those. Her siblings dote on her, especially her big sister.
And I have no snazzy way to neatly end this post, so...how about THE END.
There. That ought to do it. Until next time, folks!
What a gift our cameras are! Growing up, my parents really didn't take many photos so there are really very few pics of me for the first four years of my life. Your Ying Ying is so lucky to have her mommy's adoration documented :)
ReplyDeleteLook at those beautiful little feet!
ReplyDelete