This is what bedtime looks like around here. Every night. The two Bigs get into bed, and the Little cuddles with Daddy. He plays Ni No Kuni (a GORGEOUS Studio Ghibli role-playing video game) or Candy Crush (a facebook game). (Studio Ghibli is the genius behind movies like Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, KiKi's Delivery Service and Ponyo.)
After she falls asleep, we tuck her away into her crib, and Daddy and I stay up for a while, getting things done or just vegging with our computers. When we finally turn in for the night, around 10:30, I sneak back into her room and feed her one last time. All other factors being normal, she will sleep until 4:30 or 5, and then again until 7 or 8.
I didn't realize how much the routine was ingrained in her until a few nights ago. I sat down on the couch to feed her around 8:30, and to try to get her to sleep. She just could NOT calm down. She was wiggling around, and fussing, and nothing I did made it any better. After about 10 minutes, Daddy sat down and turned on Ni No Kuni.
She was out in five minutes. Sound asleep.
Whatever works!
I remember Zeke being able to get babies asleep so much easier than me. I think it's because dads don't smell like food.
ReplyDeleteOh, for sure!! It's a rare day I can rock her to sleep!!
Delete