Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesdays are...Tuesday

Mornings are for snuggling in bed with Mom. 




We have a membership to a children's museum (KidsQuest) near our home - we try to make it over every week, during their early morning Members Only Hour (Read: No Crowds Hour). One of Ming Wai's favorite things to do there is hit up the art table. There is a new project every time we go, and she loves to just sit and be creative. Today there was a pile of random wooden shapes, markers, and glue. She glued them together to make flowers, fish and a small family. SJ colored his pieces black, and glued them in random shapes. So them, but so great to watch how their creativity works. Each did their best, and they came up with such different projects! 

While Ming Wai was at school, Siu Jeun and I got to work cooking up a monster batch of cinnamon chips and making a bunch of bread. Baby Ying Ying couldn't exactly participate, so I handed her a spoon to play with. 

Then I realized I had just handed my three month old a spoon and a) she grabbed onto it and waved it around! My baby is a genius! and b) ohmygoodness my baby, who has virtually no control of her limbs, is about to knock herself out with a blunt object. We traded it out for something a little more her speed. 
Hello, fascinating dish rag! 

 When the bread was finished, it was time to go pick up Ming Wai, and two of my piano students, from the elementary school. I taught lessons for the rest of the afternoon while Siu and Ming Wai played in the cul de sac with the other neighborhood kids. While we scrounged up dinner, friends came by to pick their bread, and then we ran the rest of it around to neighbors who didn't have time to come by yet.

(All pictures shot with my Nokia Lumia920.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!