Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday, May 22

Today was a cold, grey day...but not a bad day, altogether.

Last night, Ming Wai (6) decided she wanted to sleep in her brother's room. The night before, I had shoved his bed around until he couldn't reach any of his windows, leaving a small space between the end of the bed and the corner of the room. Ming Wai dragged in her pillow and a few blankets and made herself a little nest in that corner. The two of them try to have "slumber parties" about once every other week, but I usually cut them off when I find the two of them jumping on the bed and screaming at 10 pm. Last night, however, actually worked! I think it's because Ming Wai was asleep on the floor, at the foot of the bed. Both kids fell asleep at a reasonable time (read: they were asleep by the time I put the baby to bed, which is generally my only requirement these days).

The slumber party had one unforeseen benefit in the morning - Baby Ying Ying woke up at about 7, and was fussing. I was pretty tired, and realized that the bedroom right next to the baby was now empty (since its occupant was currently sleeping on the floor at the end of the hall). That gave me a little leeway in getting up to get the baby.....which meant she and I both went back to sleep until 8 am. Not too shabby.

I got everyone fed and dressed and we made it to my 9:30am Zumba class with a few minutes to spare. The kids love being upstairs and playing with all the toys. After class, I dropped Ming Wai off at my Mom's house for her weekly Grandma Play Date with her cousin. (My sister and I both drop our eldest daughters off at my Mom's house, and they spend the day just...being. No 4 year olds to topple their games or break their rules. No Moms to tell them what to do. It's heaven. They have tea parties and eat popcorn for lunch, and do it again the next week.)

Lo Gung was able to get home early enough for us to go on a date tonight, which was sorely needed. Wednesday is my longest workday of the week. I start teaching piano lessons at 1, and don't finish until 3:30. It doesn't sound long, but that's 6 students, all while keeping track of Siu Jeun and carrying and/or feeding the baby. At 6, my Mom came over to watch movies with the kids so we could sneak out. We had sandwiches at Panera, with the baby asleep in her carrier, and then wandered the aisles at Target.

That's how we do Wednesdays around LoLo Lodge!

My "date" tonight! Such an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!