Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Dreamy Tuesday

I've got this fun app on my Windows Phone (Camera360) that gives me a lot of creative control over my pictures. There are easy filters, along with ways to manually alter the ISO, shutter speed and lighting. I took these this morning after hauling Baby Ying Ying back to my bed. She woke up at 6:30am, which isn't too bad...but I accidentally stayed up until midnight the night before. And besides, I've recently discovered I'm a much MUCH nicer person if I can stay in bed until 8 am. I just am. (I got to stay in bed until 7:30 today...which explains why I was only MUCH nicer today, not much MUCH nicer. Heh.) I think I took these in the portrait setting with the "Natural" filter. Pretty dreamy, eh? 


I'm still on a quest to capture this kid smiling. This shot is about halfway there. My phone is red, and once it comes out, it's about the most arresting thing she's ever seen. Which means she goes deer-in-the-headlights and can't smile. 

(Fun aside note - that little purple creature in the corner was Lo Gung's when he was a wee lad. His Mom saved it and sent it home with him on his last trip back to see them in Utah. Baby Ying Ying has taken a shining to it - shall we see if it can survive two childhoods? I think its proper name is "stinky baby", or "chau bi", but Ming Wai just calls it "hippopotamus face." Not sure which name I prefer, really.) 

It was a good Tuesday around here. We got out the door in time to catch the 9-10 am "members only" hour at the children's museum. Ming Wai got to school on time today (and Siu Jeun was insanely bored the three hours she was gone. Just one more week, buddy. Hang in there!) 

After school, it was time for just about one of my favoritest things - the kids head out to the street and ride scooters with their friends until I call them home. Summer heaven, y'all. Summer heaven. (I think the technical term for this phenomenon is "playberhood.") 

Tonight, after dinner, I had to pack up all three kids and head to the church for a 7 pm meeting. As it turned out, only one person could come. On the upside, it's super easy to make decisions when it's just two people. Hooray for an easy committee meeting! 

Oh, and one fun bit of trivia - on our church's wifi, they can block access to certain sites. I found out tonight that Pinterest is on that list. Which makes it difficult to brainstorm crafty ideas for an upcoming craft night. Live and learn, eh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!