Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nobody Likes Me. Or...do they? (ie- Self Imposed Accidental Exclusion)

I was on the phone with my husband this afternoon, and was complaining a bit. "I post all my blog posts to Facebook, but suddenly nobody is reading them!! Are they honestly that boring? Should I just wait until I have something real to say??! Even YOU don't read the posts there!" He assured me he was reading all the posts, it's just that he gets them in E-MAIL, and going over to Facebook was an extra step, blah blah blah. Trying to make me feel better, he quickly opened up Facebook and scrolled down my wall. "Umm...honey? There's no blog posts here. None."

Nothing will make you feel more alone than accidentally setting your privacy settings to "Only Me" on your facebook posts. Heh. I took care of that little issue...and now am wondering if it's narcissistic to go through and re-share the four blog posts that never saw the light of Facebook Day. Probably too narcissistic, yeah? (But the cute pictures of the baby, yo. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.)

This morning at the gym, it seemed like Baby Ying Ying has finally pulled herself out of her week and a half post-shots-funk. She took a nap just before we left the house, and I fed her right before we went into the gym. When I got to the kid's room, I explained to one of the gals there that she had just woken up from a nap, and so was unlikely to take another one right away, but I would put her in a swing anyhow (like I usually do) and they could leave her there until she asked to be taken out. "Oh, well...it's circle time. Why don't I just take her now?" (That's why I LOVE our gym. 20 pound infant? Sure! Hand 'em over! We'll just be over here singing and dancing with two dozen other Tinies. No worries.) When I came back, post Zumba, she was chilling out in a guy's lap, just happy as a clam. "Man, she's a pretty calm baby, eh? She was so good!" Dude...you are one lucky bug. So glad she decided to be happy again today. It's in my best interest that people in the child care room think my baby is perfect and charming. My workouts go a lot longer that way!

She was like that the rest of the day. Have a meal, play for about an hour, fuss a bit, and then straight off to sleep. This afternoon, I went over to the condo that my in-laws are in the process of purchasing, to attend the inspection. This is the second time I've been in the place, and the second time that Baby Ying Ying has passed out within moments of entering, and stayed SOUNDLY asleep for the duration of our stay. I'm pretty sure there's Baby Tranquilizers being pumped into the air. Whatever it is, I will TAKE it. And hope that the tranquilizers stay with the house. Whenever the baby is fussy, I will just send her over there for a nap. Genius, right?? (The inspection went brilliantly - no surprises, which is always a good thing!)

Great day, y'all. Great day.

(Insert gratuitous pictures of cute kids here)



1 comment:

  1. I like you... and your three beautiful littles (and not-so-little)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!