This year, for Mother's Day, Lo Gung was an absolute doll and pampered me with a beautiful breakfast (served in bed!) I knew I wanted to return the favor for Father's Day.
Now, you have to understand - Lo Gung had just spent the previous few days in Dublin, Ireland. He arrived home at about 5:30 on Saturday evening, forced himself to stay awake until about 10 pm Seattle time, and then crashed. He woke up on Sunday morning absolutely giddy, and completely (and hilariously) loopy. When I brought him his breakfast, complete with a little bouquet of flowers (just like he did for me), I think he actually clapped his hands and squealed. (People, random bit of advice? Life is way more fun when your spouse is jet-lagged. WAY more fun.)
(Also, Lo Gung? This is totally going to be our Thing now. I declare Breakfast in Bed to be the best way, evah, to celebrate Mother's and Father's Day. Agreed?)
(Two of the munchkins that gave him the title of Father. And what cute little munchkins they are, too!)
I was super, super (irrationally) excited about his gifts. I had seen this idea on Pinterest (where else do we get good ideas these days?!) and was just waiting for the right push to get these done. The photographs are by my great friend Sonja (of Simply Sonja Photography). I love the prints, but have major commitment issues with getting large pieces of artwork for my walls. Enter Staples! Did you know, for about $4, you can upload a picture to their copy center and have it printed out (in an "Engineer Print") on a 2'x3' piece of paper?? Two pictures, plus a $5 rush fee to have them done the same day, plus tax = $12.90. Add in two inexpensive pieces of foam board from the craft section at Fred Meyers, and I have two huge pieces of art that I LOVE, with the added bonus of being so inexpensive, I won't feel bad when I switch them up when I get tired of them or we get a new family portrait. (Of course, knowing me, now that I have them up, I'll probably leave them there forever! But, hey- thrifty is thrifty, amiright?)
Lo Gung - the timing of your Dublin trip was impeccable. I can't think of another way you could have POSSIBLY made more OBVIOUS the fact that...I need you. We need you. You are an indispensable piece of the machine that is the LoLo Family, and we all adore you. From the way you play with our kids, to the hard work you put in to support this family, to the patience you have with me while I work to get this Mothering thing down...you are incredible. I'm so lucky to have met you, and incredibly blessed to have you as my partner on this journey. Love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!