I'm so tired, but have no idea why. Baby Ying Ying slept like an absolute champ last night. She went down at 9, woke up at 2 for a snack, and then slept right through her next "usual" feeding, and woke up at 9. Hooray!
Ok, I should back up. On Wednesday, I talked my sister into letting her two oldest spend the night here. The kids all love playing together, and are generally easier to handle in a herd than alone. So, at bedtime, I tucked in a 7 year old, a 6 year old, two 4 year olds, and my 4 month old. At 7:15 on Thursday morning, I could hear the kids in the kitchen. They squealed over breakfast, and squealed about cereal, and then...got strangely quiet. I'm assuming that's the point when the cartoons were turned on. Bless their hearts, though - they all finished their bowls of cereal first and let me stay in bed until Ying Ying called for me.
We spent the day fairly quietly, at home. My nieces went home in the afternoon, and we did our best to skate through to bedtime.
At 9:45, I realized I was absolutely exhausted...which probably has something to do with the complete lack of light outside. The sun went down around 10 pm the night before, and storm clouds completely blocked it out tonight. So - it's dark, it's pouring rain...and I've now stayed up way too late watching a new (to me) anime. (Any Full Metal Alchemist fans out there?)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!