Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

Oh, kids. Where to start?! 

Ok, first off, we said goodbye to a few chickens a few days ago. 1 white leghorn, 1 ameraucana, 1 jersey giant and 1 java all went to live with a friend (whose flock had recently been cut in half by a neighborhood cat!) After seeing pictures of them in their new digs, I can safely say the girls are much happier now where they are. 


On Tuesday, Lo Gung looked at me and said, "We should have a BBQ for the 4th of July!" "Uhh....ok!" A few phone calls and a trip to Costco for hotdogs later, we had ourselves a little shindig on Thursday evening. 

And that, my friends, is about the fanciest party I ever threw. True story. Silk flowers from WalMart, and all. 
 And what is the best way to end the fanciest party I ever? Well, staying up until 9:45 to watch the fireworks on TV is pretty slick.

Unless, of course, you are a four year old boy. Then, by all means, feel free to pass out on the couch and call it a day.

Lo Gung is sitting next to me, watching Arrested Development. For the past 30 minutes, he has been asking me every 5 minutes how I am doing? Am I doing ok? How am I feeling? 

Apparently, three nights with no more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep are beginning to show. He isn't the first person to tell me, today, that I'm looking a little wild eyed. Baby Ying Ying hasn't been sleeping well...which means Lo Gung and I have not been sleeping well at all. Today, however, is a new day. New feeding schedule, a little Tylenol at bedtime, and I'm hoping to not see her chubby little mug until at least a few hours from now. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the chickens. They are a happy bunch, and since raising security levels, no predators have come within a yard (an actual yard, not the 3 ft. kind) of my yard.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!