Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WFMW: Self-Rising Flour

(This is my offering for Works For Me Wednesday. Where I share something that...works for me.)

Kids, gather around and I will tell you the secret to really, really fluffy pancakes.

Ready?

Self-Rising Flour. No joke.

I bought a bag of SR Flour to make some biscuits last weekend. (The biscuits were heavenly, by the way. The recipe is here.) Then, Ming Wai was begging for pancakes, and I just wasn't in the mood to measure, sift and stir.

So. I dumped some SR flour in a bowl, added an egg and enough milk to make a batter, and cooked them up.

Holy Fluffiness, Batman! I think they topped out at about 1/2". That "rising" bit is no joke!

So. Keep SR flour on hand, and you are always minutes away from fluffy pancakes or biscuits.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!