Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Day in Photos: November 19, 2013

Lo Gung rolled in late last night, but came bearing gifts! He had two tiny bundt cakes from a fantastic chain he found in Reno - Nothing Bundt Cakes. (He likes it so much, he actually looked into what it would take to open a franchise in our town. Turns out that slot has already been filled. I think we are slated to open next year. YUM.) 

For the two big kids, he had picked up some small items from their Christmas wish lists. Lo Gung lives to give, and get, gifts. He nestled each child's treasure next to their slumbering little heads, and then we went to bed. In the morning, I woke up to an excited 7 year old running down the hall. "Mom! Mom! Look!" She was completely dressed, and awake, at 7:30am. That in itself is pretty magical. She was clutching a small package. "Mom! Look! I found a clippy doll on my bed!" Bless her heart, she had rolled on top of it during the night, taken a look at it, gone back to sleep, and waited until after she was dressed to ask me if she was allowed to open it. This girl is a gem. 

Siu Jeun was downstairs, watching cartoons. (We have a standing deal. He stays in his room until 7am, and he is allowed to watch 1 cartoon so long as he allows me to stay asleep until 7:30am. Win win.) Ming Wai ran down, but he was just confused - why did she have a toy?? Ming Wai quickly realized he hadn't looked around his room. Sure enough, there was a toy on his bed he hadn't noticed when he woke up. 

His very first Skylander. His reign of terror has begun. 


The rest of the day was much less dramatic. Except for when I experimented with the Baby's gigantic sense of WILLPOWER. I had stepped out onto the deck to take care of something, and left the door open in case Ying Ying wanted to explore out there. I came back to find her sitting in the doorway, grinning, and slapping at the deck. I smiled back, and carefully shut the door as I came inside. 

She HOWLED. Perhaps it was more a of a yowl. Anyhow, I got the message. I opened the door back up, she grinned a quick thank you, and headed outside. (She has this odd habit of waiting for visual permission before she heads into off-limits places. Wonder how long that will last!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!