Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A day in pictures: 11/18/2013

Yesterday, I made a conscious effort to snap pictures of things that happened throughout the day. This? Is the result. Enjoy. 

I finally found a way to get the 9 month old to stay on her back while I change her diaper! Of course, it involves picking up 270 dried out wet wipes after we are done, but...hey. WORTH IT. (And kids? 'DEM THIGHS!)

Baby Ying Ying heads for the stairs every chance she gets. Funny thing? She climbs up about three steps, and then stops. She waits for me to come to her, and then proceeds to race up the stairs as fast as she can, trying to get to the top before I can catch her. The point of the story? This "backside view" is pretty common around here. 

SJ found the Toys R' Us circular and demonstrated enviable scissor skillz as he carefully cut out each and every toy that caught his eye. The ad looked like swiss cheese when he was done with it, but I was really impressed at how neatly he cut out each little picture! (He is taping all the pictures he collects onto his bedroom window, so if you need gift ideas for the holidays...you know where to look.) 

Baby Ying Ying is warming up to her high chair, and starting to feed herself more and more. Of course, that probably correlates directly to how lax I am getting in regards to what goes on her tray. Baby likes FLAVOR, y'all. (Yesterday's lunch was "wong wong" crackers and diced pot stickers. Yummy.) 

"You talkin' to ME?!" This kid has sass, and then some. She was bouncing around like a pinball yesterday. Climb into my lap for a snuggle and a sloppy kiss, and then she was off! 

Into the playroom to see what the big kids left out for her to find!

Into SJ's room to eat some of his wish list! Mmm...yummy newsprint. He had left a pile of carefully clipped pictures on his nightstand. What a lovely snack for Ying Ying!

And now we are in the pantry. "Mom? I have made a terrible mistake." She couldn't get down. Heh. 


After the kids went to bed, I got to work on some homework! I volunteered in Ming Wai's classroom last week, and brought home one of the projects I couldn't get done. 50 paper Mayflowers and 120 pages to match. (I worked on this while I waited for Lo Gung to get home. He left Sunday afternoon for Reno, and came home Monday night around 10:30. Quick trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!