Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Day in Photos: November 21, 2013

Kids, it's Thursday. Are we ready for this? 

Good morning, Baby Ying Ying! My, aren't you and I looking bright eyed this morning. 

No? Well, maybe not. Oh well. We're up! That's the important (and unfortunate) thing here.

Baby Ying Ying only woke up once last night, around 2. Hooray! Then she woke up at 7. Double Hooray! 

Was I still asleep then? NOPE. SJ decided to climb into our bed around 6:15. Little stinker. Trying to avoid the pre-dawn meltdown, Lo Gung didn't send him back to bed. I think I fell asleep for a few minutes, but at 6:30, he was up and rummaging around in some toys he had left in our room. Good morning, SJ! Good thing you are so cute. 

While the kids ate breakfast, Lo Gung took woke work calls in the den. 


Why is he not sitting at a desk? Funny you should ask. We gave his desk to his Dad when they moved here last Summer. Lo Gung had never really loved the desk, and it seemed like a nice opportunity to go find something we loved. Well, what we "love" is the cheapness, and pure fun, of me building it...in my free time. When I'm not holding a baby. 

He doesn't have a desk yet. I'm hoping to make it happen over Christmas break. Wish me luck! (A friend sent me Ana White's new book...the suspense is KILLING me. I can't wait to get back into my shop in the garage!) 

*ahem* Moving on. Ming Wai successfully deposited at school, Lo Gung off to work, it was time for the two youngest to try and find something to play together. 

Let's play "Find SJ"!

Can you see him, hiding on the stairs? Ying Ying found him! 

New game. "Give Ying Ying a hug!"



Well. That didn't go very well at all. 

After school, the big kids begged for some "screen time" - they have discovered Power Rangers, and that is their passion for this week. We shall see what next week brings. 


Ming Wai quietly pulled me aside today to make a confession. She kind of looked at her feet and said, "Mom? I'm kind of embarrassed...but...*whispering* I like awesome cartoons." "What are awesome cartoons?" "Umm...the ones with fighting...and bad guys...and heroes...and stuff that boys usually like." 

I thought of a dozen different responses...laughing, explaining there are no "boy cartoons" or "girl cartoons"...yadda yadda yadda. Then I remembered...those are my favorite, too! Duh. She doesn't KNOW that, because the kids don't join us for those movies just yet. "Well, Ming Wai...I like those, too!" She looked up at me quickly. "Yup. I love Ironman! And...ooh, THE AVENGERS. I love that one." "Oh, me too! I love Spiderman, too, Mom..."

Me and my girl. In a few years, we've got a date with Geek Destiny. And it's gonna be awesome. 


No story here. Just Ying Ying being fantastic. 

Dinner was Venison Stroganoff. A friend brought us a few pounds of ground venison, and this is what I came up with. Surprisingly, everyone scraped their bowls clean. Even Ying Ying. 



After dinner, the kids went upstairs to play, Ying Ying had a quick nap in my lap, Daddy went to his volleyball tournament (and won two rounds - yea, guys!). When Ying Ying woke up, I got the other kids ready for bed, tucked them in, and then put Ying Ying down for the night. 

*yawn*

Goodnight, y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!