Another day, another batch of daily photos. (Guys, this is just what works right now. Some nights, I can get the baby down at 9pm. Some nights, like tonight, she takes an hour to settle down, and I don't get out of there until 10pm. I adore her, and it's worth it, but chronicling our daily adventures is also important to me. So. Here you go.)
Good morning, baby! Time for our daily selfie!
Aunt Myrnie sent me a text this morning. "I need a picture of SJ. Just his smiling face, with that gap-toothed grin showing!" Turns out, this cheesed out smirk wasn't exactly the look she was going for. Go figure!
Baby Ying Ying fell asleep in my lap at 8:45am...and stayed that way until 9:30. The Zumba class I wanted to catch this morning was at 9:30, but I figured half a class is better than no class...so, off we went! I made it there at 10, and had a blast. The kids had only been upstairs for half an hour, so I decided to go and wander into the Cardio room and see what caught my fancy. There. The treadmill.
Let me preface this by saying, I hate to exercise. Like...really don't like. I get out of breath. I sweat. My muscles hurt. Who decided this was a good idea?! That's why I stick with Zumba. For three years, I have gone 1-3 times a week. I've built up my endurance, and I just love it. I don't notice the annoying parts of "working out", I feel gorgeous, and it keeps me in shape. Win! For a while though, I've felt like maybe running was something I should look into. Like...if I wanted to look like a runner, perhaps I should just drink their Kool-Aid, you know?
So. Onto the treadmill. I lasted 12 minutes, but guys? I ran a mile. I mean, I actually ran a mile. I didn't stop. I didn't slow down - I just kept getting faster and faster, trying to beat an imaginary goal I made up as I went along. The last time I attempted running a mile was in middle school, and I couldn't do it. I was ridiculously proud of myself today.
So. Snapped that shot, and went to pick up SJ. Turns out he was really proud of himself as well - he had built a rather rockin' spaceship in the Kids Zone, and asked me to take a picture.
I just love how much both of my big kids are enjoying Lego blocks right now. Ming Wai is really into the Friends sets, and SJ just builds plane after plane after plane.
(D'aww. Another selfie! Love this bubba.)
So. Um. Lunch was exciting for Ying Ying. First, I gave her a piece of cake. It was 1/4" wide and 1" long. Ok, a small piece.
Still - the damage was impressive. (I am SO excited for her first birthday, guys. SO. EXCITED.)
Then I went into the family room to help SJ with something. She was quiet, which isn't too odd. Then she giggled.
Little stinker had scootched her seat forward and managed to snag the bag of Doritos. Atta girl!
Umm...I really have no good excuse for this next one. I bribed him - some marshmallows if he would gather his school stuff and put it by the front door. I was already eating them, so it seemed fair.
But...I wouldn't let him have them if I wasn't allowed to first stuff them into that gap in his grin. Heh.
Look, ma! No gap!
SJ took off for school, and I had an hour and a half alone with the baby. I got dressed, and took great pains - I read a study yesterday that said it is no longer true that a happy wife equals a happy marriage. Now a HOT wife equals a happy marriage. Gorgeous wife = happy husband = happy wife. Subtle, yeah? Anyhow, today? I decided I wanted to feel gorgeous. I Zumba'd. I ran a mile. I googled an eye tutorial using my favorite eye shadow palette (Naked Basics, from Urban Decay). I changed my outfit twice, trying to get the right gorgeous vibe. (It takes work, y'all.) I even painted my nails.
Of course, beauty always comes with a price.
(Ok, I didn't say I painted my nails well. But they are an alarming shade of purple. Baby Ying Ying was kind of disgusted and fascinated at the same time.)
When Lo Gung came home, I first told him about the study, then I told him that I was gorgeous, then I informed him that he was happy. See? Science.









Selfie or it didn't happen. Same principle as meals! :D
ReplyDelete