Creme brûlée, ready to go into the oven. Because nothing says CELEBRATE like baked heavy cream.
SJ has been asking me for weeks how cars are built. I finally had a chance to get on YouTube and find him some answers! The video is in four parts, and now SJ is our resident expert on how to build a 1994 Ford Mustang GT. Vroom Vroom! (Part 1 is here.)
A quiet dinner at home, made even more so by Baby Ying Ying's unexpected 6 pm nap. Lo Gung saw how fussy she was, and scooped her up. He disappeared for about three minutes, and came back with the baby passed out in his arms. What a guy! She was working on some teeth, and the accompanying cold that always seems to come with new chompers.
Our anniversary fell on a Tuesday this year. We had already gone out on the town the previous Saturday and so, even though my awesome sister offered to babysit for us, we decided to have a nice relaxing evening at home with the kids. I carefully planned out a menu that would feel a little bit fancy, but could still be pulled off while taking care of a fussy 9 month old. I went with this yummy (and slightly healthy) version of fettuccine alfredo, and some roasted broccoli. Simple, but really yummy. For dessert, we had creme brûlée that I had made during YY's afternoon nap. Nothing healthy about that! It was AMAZING. It's all about compromise my friends.
8 years. 8 years of waking up and going to sleep next to my best friend. 8 years of laughs, trips, trials, kids, moves, new jobs, shopping trips, eating out, video games (well, he plays - I just keep him company)...8 years of heaven.
Honey, here's to our 8 years, and here's to many, many more.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!