Monday, December 2, 2013

Cheerios, Breakfast in Bed, and Mama Needs a Nap!

On Saturday night, I put the baby in bed around 10. I fell asleep at about 12:30 (I had to finish Wives & Daughters on Netflix. *blush*) I went back in to see her around 1...and got back to my own bed around 3. At 4:30, I was back in her room, and at 6, I sent a text to my husband. It went something like, "I haven't slept tonight. Like, at all." Bless Ying Ying's heart, she ended up sleeping way past her normal wake-up time. Church starts at 9, and at 8:30, I was still in bed. Around that time, Lo Gung realized that I was not going to pop up and corral the kids into their church clothes. (I think that's about when he read my text message.) Anyhow, he hopped into the shower, shushed the kids, and got them dressed and out the door. Before Ming Wai left, she showed up at my bedside. I blinked. "Hi...honey. What's up?" "Mom, I have a surprise for you. Can you come downstairs?" "Oh...baby. I'm so tired. Can you tell me what it is??" "Mom, I'll..bring it up to you, ok?" 

Bless her heart. She came up to my room with breakfast. She saw that I wasn't up, and decided I would need my morning sustenance. What she lacks in general nutritional value, she makes up for in...knowing what Mommy likes. There is a glass of cold water, a tortilla spread with Biscoff spread, and a caramel from our candy making session a few days ago. Girl's good! I gave her a big hug and sent her out the door. 

When I finally made it downstairs, after the baby woke up around 9:30, I found this note on the table. I guess she wanted to makes sure I knew it was my breakfast, and not just a child's un-eaten one. 


Love that girl. 

Anyhow. Obligatory selfie of sleepy mama and her snot-nosed, teething baby girl. 



I got all dressed for church, and really intended to make it to the last hour (the services are three hours long, divided between different classrooms), but I realized my baby just needed a day at home. So I gave it to her. 

Today, Monday...was another at-home day. We skipped the gym this morning. (I don't want to inflict this teething-induced cold on any other babies there!) 

Today was...a lot of sweeping. Mostly Cheerios. See, I got out the container of Cheerios to give some to Ying Ying in her high chair. The spout was stuck shut, and I can't really fit my hand in there anyhow, so with Ying Ying on my hip, I pried off the whole lid with the other hand, grabbed a handful, set the lid back on top, and went to put Ying Ying and the Cheerios in the high chair. I turned around, and SJ was grabbing the container. I saw that he was trying to pick it up by the barely-stuck-on lid. "No, dude, the lid isn't on!" 

Too many words, too late. The Cheerios went everywhere. 

He picked up some, and ate more. Good boy. 

Then, there is Ying Ying. She isn't really big on eating in her high chair. Doesn't like to sit still. But? I've found her secret - she's a closet eater. Literally. I keep a small pile of Cheerios on top of my flour bin in the pantry. She likes to shimmy the door open, and sit in the pantry, eating her cereal. She makes a lot less mess that way. In her high chair, everything goes overboard. If she's already on the ground, though...everything goes in her mouth. Weird  kid! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!