As I write this, I am watching the Sound of Music special, with Carrie Underwood. Filmed in one take. It's obvious that some of the actors have acting experience, and some...well, some don't. But, it's fun, and I suppose that's what it's all about.
We are on day 5 of Snot Induced Quarantine. Poor baby...it's so much better than it was yesterday, and hopefully tomorrow will bring more improvement. Mama's getting stir crazy. I haven't missed this much gym time since she was born, 10 months ago. (And just in time for Fudge Season. Hooray. *erp*)
Baby Ying Ying started her day early, around 6 am. Well, always the optimist, I fed her until 6:45, hoping she was going back to bed. At 6:45, she stretched, yawned...and the day had begun. We hid in the playroom while we waited for the rest of the house to wake up. It didn't take long. SJ came in at about 6:50. We hung out until about 7:30, and then got our exciting day started with...oatmeal. We like to live it up around here, I tell ya!
Ming Wai has two days off this week, for Parent Teacher Conferences. I have to say, they were a lot more interesting this year than last year. It was great to chat with Ming Wai's teacher about her strengths, and things she needs to work on. (Apparently, she is a bit pokey. Who knew?! I'm kidding. I totally knew. Another fun tidbit about her? She spends most of the day humming or quietly singing some tune or another. If you ask her to complete a task a bit more quickly, she picks up the tempo of her song to an alarming pace, while continuing her actions at the same speed as before. Deceptive, yes? She doesn't even know she does it. She honestly thinks she's going faster. Bless her heart.)
After conferences, I ran down to my sister's house (where I had stashed my three kids), threw them in the car, and went to the airport to pick up my in-laws. They have been in Singapore for the past 6 weeks, helping my sister in law with her brand new baby. The time came to come home, and so...here they are. My kids are pretty happy to have them back in town. Baby Ying Ying wouldn't give them the time of day at first. However, after about 10 minutes, she seemed to come to the conclusion that they had paid for their crimes of abandonment, and she respectfully requested that MaMa (grandma) hold her. After which point, I couldn't get her back. Not that we didn't try, Baby Ying Ying simply would not give up her perch on MaMa's shoulder. My kids are beyond spoiled. If everyone is in town, they have four grandparents, one aunt, two uncles, and three cousins just minutes away by car. There is never a shortage of shoulders to lean on, or hands to hold.
The rest of the day was showers, laundry and some rest for my in-laws, school for Siu Jeun, a huge family dinner, and a whole lot of kids dragging their grandparents around. Bliss.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!