The second hour of church found me in the children's room with the Primary, subbing for their chorister, and helping them rehearse for their Nativity pageant next weekend. Third hour, and I'm in with the Young Women teaching the 12 and 13 year old girls. The topic this week was Stand as a Witnesss. We talked about what it means to stand as a witness, and how sometimes when you stand up for what you believe in...you will appear to stand alone. But? You're never alone - you always know that God is watching, and others are remembering your actions as well. Always be an example of a Believer.
End sermon. But can I just say how much I adore teaching those girls? They are really, really quality people, and I love them! Moving on.
Third hour ended, and then my day got really bad. Well, kind of. At least, I got in a lot of trouble! I met up with Lo Gung and the kids in the hall, and we all headed outside. We got separated, and I didn't see Lo Gung, so I took Ming Wai and went to the car we had taken to church, and drove her to my in-laws' house so I could meet Lo Gung at choir. When I walked in, my mother in law was yelling something about...my wife? I was really confused. Turns out, she was on the phone. My sweet, adorable, awesome husband (honey, I love you!) had been calling me and texting me constantly for the past 15 minutes, but my phone was still on silent from being in church for 3 hours. Turns out, he had tucked his keys into my purse, and was still at the church...holding a 22 pound baby, standing in the foyer. (Ok, so there is some disagreement as to who actually put the keys into my purse. Whatevs, right?) Um. BIG OOPS. Ran back to the church as quick as I could, and just traded him cars. I ended up just taking the baby with me to the last 20 minutes of choir, and Siu Jeun went with Daddy back to the in-laws for lunch.
So. Drama in the middle, and fun at the end, right? We had a joint birthday celebration dinner for Siu Jeun and my little brother, Ted. Both boys love them some Chinese food, so Ma and I did all the cooking - Hainese chicken, lotus root and pork "sandwiches", bok choy, brussels sprouts, and tofu with fish balls. All their favorites!
Birthday boy loves opening his presents! Especially when they are new Skylanders!
He also loved his new Captain America hoody. Aunt Myrnie done good! (Have you seen these things? There is a mesh mask that can be pulled over the face. He can see straight through it, but it's painted to make him look like he's wearing a full-on mask. Pretty rockin'!)
Ok, so Uncle Ted brought this candle...thing. He had read about it on Reddit.com, and purchased it a while back, but we never had a chance to use it. You light a little firecracker in the middle of the candle, and then all the candles light off of that, the plastic petals unfold, the whole thing starts spinning around, and a tiny music box plays Happy Birthday. It's pretty epic. I had to leave the cake on the counter - I had no idea there would be a solid jet of flame shooting straight up about 8 inches. *Whoosh*
One tired little man, after a few days of birthday celebrations. Welcome to being 5, Dude!
Today, it was back to normal! I skipped my Zumba class in favor of a friend's baby shower, spent a lot of time at home playing with the baby, and taught a few piano lessons in the afternoon. SJ had school, so he was gone all afternoon at my Mom's house. (SJ and his cousin, MiMi, have kindergarten with my Mom a few times a week. They are working through the Calvert School homeschooling curriculum. SJ will start public school next year, and will be in Kindergarten, but this gives him an intellectual outlet in the meantime...and gives him a lot of time with his cousin. Win win!)
Nothing like a nice bath at the end of a long, hard day of playing...and feeding yourself bananas with limited fine-motor skills.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!