Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby Don't Like Shoes!

There we were. At an impasse. Just me, and the baby, and some bare little tootsies. Miss Ying Ying absolutely adores walking around, holding onto furniture. Or chairs. Or fingers. Or my knees. Whatever - she just prefers to be upright and mobile. Unfortunately for her, her newfound mobility coincides with winter in the Pacific Northwest, and floors are pretty chilly. Every day, I put socks on her, and every day she would gleefully tug them off, flings them aside, and set off on one of her adventures. 

I went shopping to try to find some shoes that she couldn't remove, to keep the socks on her feet, but my go-to shoes from when my other two were babies were nowhere to be found! They were knock-offs of the Robeez brand, from Target. It wasn't so much that I was saving a few bucks, it was that I was able to easily try them on her and return them if they didn't fit. Finally, I found some shoes I liked on Zulily.com. I ordered three pairs, one in each toddler size. When they arrived, I was all sorts of excited to get them on her feet and let her toddle away. 

Well. Kids. Turns out Ying Ying doesn't LIKE things on her feet. Hence the constant tugging and the flinging and the gleeful. *ahem* 

Funny how babies can communicate so clearly, without knowing a single word, eh? 







PS - I stubbornly wrangled her into those shoes every day, and on the third day she didn't even try to run away. She just handed me the other shoe and waited for me to finish dolling her up. Perhaps there is hope for her yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!