About once a week, we pack the kids into the car and head to MaMa's house for dinner. She is an excellent cook, and it's good practice for the kids, eating as a guest in someone's home and learning all the manners and rules that go with that. (No, you can't jump on the furniture. Yes, you have to try everything.) It is a process, but how else are they going to learn? (Eating is a HUGE part of being a LoLo. Lo Gung and I eat out at least once a week together, and we take the kids out every other week, bare minimum. It is our favorite pastime!)
Like I said. Blessed.
(Ming Wai, engrossed in a tennis match)
(Siu Jeun practicing his Chinese characters on the notepad MaMa and YehYeh brought home from their last trip to Hong Kong.)
(Ying Ying and YehYeh)
(Lo Gung and Aunt LoLo starring in A Blurry Selfie. It will be all the rage this year, I hear.)
(Ying Ying was going through a phase where she didn't eat. Anything. It was a grumpy few days for her, as she was starving. This particular dinner was a blessed reprieve. It turned out, if I tore steamed Chinese sausage into tiny pieces, she would eat it! She spent about 25 minutes chasing those tiny pieces of meat around her tray and carefully devouring each one. It wasn't a lot of food, but it WAS a lot of effort, and that's a step in the right direction. If you want to eat, you've got to find the food and pick it up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!