I tried my luck the other night with free-range shots. (Free-range shots are the ones where she's not in her high chair, in someone's lap, asleep, or otherwise immobilized.)
The results were spotty.

She saw the camera.

She came for the buttons.

Finally.

Victory.

Later, after she scarfed her dinner (still loves peas and noodles!), she wanted to get down. I wanted to take a picture of her. We reached a compromise - I take pictures of her screaming and then clean her up and put her down on the floor. (Yes, I know - it's not a fair compromise. Can I claim a language barrier? I mean, screaming, pointing at the floor and staring me down could mean anything, right?)
So, she realized I wasn't going to put her down on the floor.

And we've pretty much proved that she doesn't smile for the camera any more.

And at this point we are thanking all that is good that we had our professional photographer friends at Fife Photography snap photos while she still liked the camera.

Notice how her face is all wet?

I think she was thinking about how I use my wet hand to wash her face after meals. (She doesn't like wash clothes.) She realized she was a bit messy....so she licked both hands and rubbed herself thoroughly. Smart girl!

Sad, but smart.
Oh yeah. I couldn't resist adding this. Grandpa gave BBJ a Styrofoam egg carton to play with during our Lake Adventure. BBJ was THRILLED that she could make that much noise just sitting there! (Let me know what you think of this video - I used Photobucket instead of YouTube...and I'm not sure if the quality is the same!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!