So, labor Day is officially over. I bought myself a white dress at one of the many labor Day Sales at our outlet mall and wore it on Sunday. It's carefully packed away, now...waiting for Memorial Day so I can haul it back out again.We had FANTASTIC weather on labor Day. In the morning, Daddy was a super sweetie and washed my car! It looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, though, the spiders are out in full force in our neighborhood. No sooner had he got it washed and dried than a few tried to build webs across the top of the car. Oh well. Gearing up for Halloween, right?

We all stayed in our PJs until noon when Super Grandma A. came over to watch BBJ so Louh Gung and I could go out on a date. Do you want to know how sweet Louh Gung is to me? We went to the park and played tennis until I couldn't move any more. (That isn't saying much.) He's an excellent teacher and really patient! I had a lot of fun. I think the hope is that SOMEDAY I'll be able to play with the poor guy. Until then, he just has to lob endless balls in my direction and give me instructions on how to keep them in the court when I manage to return them!
We caught a bit of Pho lunch action afterwards and then went home...to a sleeping baby and a reorganized and clean living room and kitchen! My mother calls this her "fee" for the free babysitting service - she has free range to rearrange our homes. I don't think it's much of a price to pay!
In the afternoon, we stopped by our local Asian Mart and got some fun things to eat, and just got BBJ out of the house - she gets a little stir-crazy otherwise!
We celebrated the end of Labor Day with a BBQ at my parents' house - hamburgers, fresh corn and watermelon. Delicious!


I think the highlight of BBJ's day was finally defeating her cousin, if only for a moment.

It's been an amazing vacation, and I'm sad it's over, but we have the memories, right! First, Daddy was gone for a week and BBJ and I had parties every night. Then he came home, we celebrated his birthday, and headed off to the Lake for a few days. Come home from that, chill, shop, shop some more, play, spend time with family....and to finish it off with that Labor Day? Priceless! Of course, we got an AMAZING thunder and lightening storm last night around 3 am, and it's pouring today. I think the weather held off just for us. Thanks, Weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!