Wednesday, November 14, 2007

BBJ's Temper





BBJ has been described as many things - beautiful, bright, sweet...but willful is the one that comes up most often. She knows what she wants and she just assumes that you know, too.


Mother, I require something of you.
Oh, is that a camera? What are you doing with that camera?
You see, I have this thing, that I...oh, you're taking my picture? Hi!
Oh, what's this? I think I was thinking before about....

Oh, I got it! Ma, I need you to fix this toy!

After the storm, the calm!

Suddenly, we like hats?!
This is our game. We put the hat on. It's on for no longer than 5 seconds. Then...
...this. Over and over, this. I think it means, "Boo!" We make that face at her when we're putting her in the car, or Daddy's peeking through the window while I buckle her in. It's to distract her. She's elevated it to a whole new level! The face has taken on...meaning and life. And staying power!

Night is much like the morning.
Mama, I need!
I need....but I'm still gorgeous!

(Does anyone else recognize this?)


She tipped her head back, and grinned as big as she could...I think. She was very careful...tip the head back...raise the cheeks...squint the eyes...wrinkle the nose just right and...hold it! Who taught her that, eh? Cousin E???

And finally....BBJ walks some more. She turns a corner in the middle of the room...I was so proud of her! Sorry about the shirt...er...dress? It makes a great top, but the pants got dirty...and I thought her chubby little knees looked very Shirley Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!