Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone. I took so many pictures today...but I can't upload them right now. You see, I'm packing to go to the East Coast...to look for a place to live for the next few years...and I'm not taking my baby with me. Eeeek! My sweet, sweet in-laws are here to watch BBJ while Louh Gung and I try to find a new castle. Wish us luck.

When we come back -

Look for updates on our house hunt, our fabulous Easter (did you ever wonder what happens when a toddler discovers there is CANDY inside all those eggs you're forcing her to pick up?) and How to Vacation Like a Hong Kong-er. Trust me, you don't want to miss any of this!


I'll leave you with this. My mother in law (MaMa) is Chinese, and adorable. My older sister (Wonder Woman) is also my identical twin. Occasionally people will confuse us for the "other twin." (She's pregnant, I'm not. I've had SO many well-wishes in the past few weeks, and inquiries after my health!) Today took the cake, though - sweet MaMa joined us for our Easter dinner at Grandma Mary's house, and she approached me and asked me, in Chinese, to tell Grandma that the next time she was back in town, she would come back to visit her. That was the point when "I" turned around and said, "Euh??!" Yeah...Wonder Woman doesn't speak Chinese. At all. Poor MaMa!

One of these pictures is me with BBJ. The other is Wonder Woman with BBJ. Can you tell the difference?


4 comments:

  1. As they say in Russia as an Easter greeting:

    Christ is risen!

    And happy Easter, too. :)

    And yes, I can tell the difference. But I've been working on that one for years. Your poor MaMa is new to the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that you are the bottom and Mary is the top?

    Happy House Hunting. I hope your trip is relaxing and fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip Mama!

    Carrie - who is often confused with her non twin sister who is 5+ inches shorter, 4 years younger and smells like farm.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!